Fishing Forum

Full Version: recent Mantua reports?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and Geoffrey are going to hit that pond early Saturday and was wondering if the action is still hot. Any info is appreciated, and if anyone wants to join us for some fish slayin', you're more than welcome!
[signature]
I dont know ive heard about this Geoff Skunk, sounds like bad mojo. LOL[:p]
[signature]
Tons of small perch, they like a piece of worm.

I caught over 200 in the past two days, nothing of size worth saving though.

I am back at bear lake hoping to catch something that will actually bend a rod!
[signature]
Thanks Pat. I really don't want to target perch or 'gills, so I'll be looking for the deeper honey holes to see if I can molest a few bass and maybe a troutski. I know a couple good spots so we'll try it out- and we'll try to change Geoff's bad luck to the good variety!
[signature]
Go fishing on bear lake instead? I will be launching early in hopes of some fish with some shoulders!
[signature]
You know the "Geoff skunk" that's been mentioned?

Yeah. That's me at Bear Lake. All I've ever caught out of that over-populated tourist magnet is a lousy carp.

Hopefully you can show me how it's done, since you do have a boat. Maybe I can join you on the Bear later this month?
[signature]
"Yeah. That's me at Bear Lake. All I've ever caught out of that over-populated tourist magnet is a lousy carp."

Man oh man CARP are our friends! They serve us well for bait when we run out of cisco!

As for over population I cannot agree with ya more, this place has boomed in 5 years and I am seriously thinking of selling and getting out of here but it is soooo beautiful and when "they all leave" I get to fish again!

You got my email addy so lets hook up!
[signature]
[cool]Hey, I resemble that remark!!
[signature]
Last call- Geoff and I will be launching around 7:00 am or thereabouts so if any of you fishermen happen to be there, stop and say hi.
[signature]