Fishing Forum

Full Version: Vernon mud hole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got done fishing up at Vernon.

It is getting a little low, but still plenty of water to fish right now. We are losing about 5-7 feet of shoreline a day.
From the draining.
When we went on Sunday, there was only about 8 people fishing and Yesterday there were only about 10.
So not crowded at all.[Smile]
The shore line about 10 feet before the water in just sticky mud. And it will only get muddier. You can fish from the dam and avoid the mud, but you will get snagged from the rocks, and debris from the water being sucked out over there.
It's not too bad, though, and I will be going back at least once or twice more.
On Sunday I was only there for 1 1/2 hours, and caught 5 rainbows between 12-16 inches.
Last night I caught three fish [2 rainbows and one brown].
And I caught the biggest crawdad I have ever caught. It is over six inches.
They have a lot of deer up there and a few antelope and cow elk, so if you go up, bring some Binoculars to view them a little better. It is pretty landscape.

If you don't know how to get there:
Just go south past rush valley and when you get to Vernon about 28 mile past Tooele,[don't blink or you miss it} the roads turns pretty sharp, and you will see a sign for the reservoir. Follow that dirt road for about 6 miles,and when it comes to a "T" make a left and follow that for another 3 miles or so.
[signature]
Thank You thparkie,

I was thinking it was dry so I did not head over there.

I will go wednesday after the wife gets off work.

Thank you for the update.

Update: I checked the mileage to Vernon res from my house. 61 miles through Butterfield, 70 miles around On I-80, or 86 miles down through Eureka. I guess I'll forget about an easy trip in the evening.
[signature]
No problem,

The fishing was pretty good for me,

I was using Gulp by Berkley. It looks like preformed power bait balls. Green was the color.
I did catch the brown on a spinner. yellow with red dots.

Good luck,

Oh, and bring toilet paper...... The bathrooms up there are out[:/]
[signature]