Fishing Forum

Full Version: Communicating tomorrow on Strawberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appears that there will be several of us fishing Strawberry tomorrow. Perhaps we should agree to a hand-held radio channel and share reports. Anyone have a favorite channel that they would like to propose that we use?
[signature]
What someone decides, I'll be up there tomorrow for a while in the morning.
[signature]
In that no one else seems to care, I will be on Channel 5 if anyone wants to check with me or share a report.
[signature]
Hey guys, do me a favor and bring back a report on the water temps down there. I'm pretty interested.
[signature]
I will be up there in the morrow in a blue & pewter Lund fisherman. We usually use Ch #7 because it is one of the GRMS channels that allows maximum output power ( 5 watts) and usually results in longer range than some of the FRS channels. I also scan channel #5 tomorrow. [fishin]
[signature]
Old Coot, Water temps today at the Berry ranged from 57 to 59 degrees. I was hoping the temps would be lower [:/]. I didn't find too many fish along the shorelines or in the shallows just yet, but it should be just weeks away. All in all, not a bad day today, but most of the fish caught today were out in 20-40' of water ( jigging) with just a few caught on pointers tossed to the shoreline during the early morning. Fall colors are at their prime in the Strawberry valley and the spawning Kokes are already going up the streams in the area. Great time of year to be on the Berry, and will only get better in the coming weeks when the water temps get under 55.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks much for that report ... I too am looking for that magical 55 degrees. But it looks like I will be up there a couple times this week anyway.
[signature]
Called out on 5 several times but got no replies.
[signature]
How was the fishing?
[signature]
We caught some, but we had to work for them. Vertical jigging didn't happen, so we caught nearly all of them casting tube jigs tipped with chub. Most were caught in water under 10' deep, which I found unusual during the middle of the afternoon.
[signature]
Water temps...

57 at 6:30 at 3:00 59 and another good day today....Post with pictures in a wile...
[signature]