Fishing Forum

Full Version: This Weekends weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the odds that this weekends cold front will blow through before Sunday?

How do you think the fishing will be up at Strawberry if it does blow through?
[signature]
Fishing is always good right before a cold front...get out there tommorrow !!!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][fishin][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Hello! Can you say ‘duck hunt opener this Saturday?’ I’d say the weather is looking EXTREMELY good for this weekend. Bring it on. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Wish I could...gotta work.[frown]
[signature]
So how will the fish be reacting on sunday? Supposed to be 60 and breezy with a chance for rain. And a buddy of mine is coming out to go fishin.

I am still new but I thought that the fish liked colder weather, to a certain extent. What is that extent? Is there anywhere I can study more on this stuff? I'm in that "thirst for knowledge to help me out with my fishing game" stage!
[signature]
I was hoping the colder weather would bring the water temps down at strawberry...making the fish more active.

I know for Bass and othe warm water species, fishing slows after a cold front. I am just not sure how it will affect the fishing at the berry since everyone has been waiting for the water temps to drop, to bring the fish into the shallower water.[Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
Well the odds are it will hit on Sunday as I get back home tomorrow night and have Sunday to go fishing, go figure.

Majja
[signature]
I hope you all will keep waiting so I can keep having the days like I had to day..

I will put up a post on todays fishing at the Berry...[Wink][crazy][sly]
[signature]
To what extent? Good question. I've been fishing hardcore for about 9 years now and coldfronts either seem to help or hurt. There is no in-between. I have done alot of research on barometric pressure and the effects on fish. It seems to vary on species but typically before a coldfront fishing can be good (but not always), during a coldfront fishing can be good (but not always) and after a coldfront save your gas money and wait for the high pressure to settle in.
I will fish before and during crappy weather but it always seems slow once it clears up the next day. This is just my experiences, there is always the chance to have that awesome day when nobody was out on the water.
[signature]
Thats kinda what I was hoping for! Hoping no one else wants to brave the semi cold weather. Thanks fsh4fun
[signature]