Fishing Forum

Full Version: Orvy's 2008 Book Cliffs wallhanger!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeff smoked this buck sunday night after passing over 50 other bucks. I will post his pics and let him tell the rest of the story. Enjoy[cool]

[inline 105_1578_0815.JPG][inline 105_1577_0814.JPG][inline 105_1574_0811.JPG][inline 105_1573_0810.JPG]
[signature]
I seen his buck on Muleymadness its a great buck congrats
[signature]
A great deer! I'm kinda surprised that a deer that size doesn't have deeper forks....Still a very sweet deer. Nice work. Can't wait to read the story.
[signature]
Good Buck!
[signature]
Thanks for posting the pics Brody. I went down on Friday afternoon, my plans were to go on Tuesday and hunt the last 5 days of the hunt, but I couldn't stand missing the opener. On opening morning we hunted up high and I seen 3 bucks, one was around 150", but it was barely light an d i figured I could do better. We moved down in elevation and the deer were everywhere, in the evening I sat on a point glassing and had 25 bucks within view, one was about a 26-27" 4x3 that was pretty heavy (in retrospect I wish I would have thought harder about shooting him) anyway I passed and went back to camp for the night. back at camp it was getting late and my cousin hadn't showed up yet so we went looking for him. We found him riding his wheeler back real slow, his battery had died and he couldn't shift, plus he had shot a buck, so went looking for it with a flashlight, we found it around 11:00 pm, we got it cleaned out and got back to camp around 12:00. The next morning came early, I drove out to a ridge I had heard held some nice bucks but only seen 3x3's and 4x3's or smaller, that evening I went for a ride on the wheeler and seen 2 bucks that were real nice and had me thinking real hard about shooting them, but I passed. I rode the bike back to my truck to load up and go back to camp, there was just barely any shooting light left when I got to my truck, I looked on the hill 50 yards away and seen this buck, one shot later the rest is history. He's 26 3/4 wide 19" tall, I kind of wish I had held out a little longer, but who knows what might have happened, besides it was so dry and dusty, I was tired of eating dust and wanted to leave. thanks for the kind words. my dads buck is 25 1/2 wide and a hog, great mass, my cousins is 19" and a respectable 4x4 its his biggest to date
[Image: S4300225Small.jpg]
[Image: S4300228Small.jpg]
[Image: S4300230Small.jpg]
[signature]
Nice buck you lucky Bass Turd! [:p]

Wish I could draw with "0" points [frown]
[signature]
Congrats on a nice deer!! I like the face on your dads deer very wide and mature!! Good Job[Wink]
[signature]
me too, it's a very nice deer, I'd guess about 6 1/2 years. the dwr aged mine a 3 1/2. a couple more years he could have been a dandy.
[signature]
Congrats, thats some great pics of some awesome deer!!
[signature]
What style of mount are you doing?
[signature]