Fishing Forum

Full Version: Spur of the moment pheasent hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son wanted to go out chasing roosters at the last minute. So, loaded up my two springers (Cookie & Tucker) and drove out to some state land by Perry. Two hour walk produced two cock birds and no hens [frown]. Mike and I both missed the first bird and Mike shot the second one.
Two hour walk = one bird.
Two hour walk = 1 1/2 hours of pulling burs out of dogs [crazy]

I may go try again midweek seeing as the wife field clipped the dogs "AFTER" we got home.
[signature]
At least you got into a couple of birds....no soup for me!![mad]
[signature]
hey rog its craig you old neighbor,when i post it is under jc nicols cause he signed me up and i dont give a crap. go grab lunker head and show him what real deer look like.
[signature]
Just got back from WY. Roger we ended up with 3 bucks and three does one doe was a Whitetail the bucks weren't as large rack wise as last year. The daughter got a 2X2, Grandson shot his first mule deer buck a 2X3 and the wife took a 5X4 not counting eye guards. They all took a doe as well and the grandson (16) took the whitetail. I nailed a couple coyotes and shot a few pheasants over my Brit. As always a great trip.
[signature]