Fishing Forum

Full Version: Weber State Buck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[:/]What a shame! Saw this on my way to work this morning. Sure wish he would have met one of my arrows instead....
[inline "weber buck dead.jpg"]
[signature]
Wow that sucks did you take the picture?
[signature]
That sucks!!!
I have been glassing the hills above Weber state religiously for the last 3 weeks and I have only seen 5 deer total. Losing a buck like that in an area that already lost a bunch to the winter is not good at all.
Was this on Harrison blvd???
[signature]
Yes I took the picture with my phone. He was already pretty stiff, my guess would be he was hit last night sometime.
[signature]
Yep he was right on Harrison just south of the new stop light leading into Weber state.. Maybe a couple hundred yards north of the credit union. I work right across the street from the pie and we occasionally see them or their tracks right in our parking lot. Sure sucks that there's one less buck now..
[signature]
That's what i figured. There's always a deer or two killed there every year.

Also going down Harrison toward 12st, there have been some huge bucks hit right there.

I won't even talk about the monsters that run around on 12st by the Nature center [shocked]

I wish those dang things would go back into the freakin mountains.[frown]

So did you just see it laying there? Was it being taken away or what? Was there a bunch of people standing there? What happened?
[signature]
There was a couple taking a picture when I showed up but that was it. It was kinda hard to see because it was laying between to parked cars. I just happened to glance over at just the right time or might have missed him. Rileyfish was on duty so I called him but not sure if he called animal control or what.
[signature]
You should go tag it Matt.[:p]
[signature]
DWR was made aware of it. Was from an reportable traffic accident last evening. What a shame to see a buck like that hit. I have seen some nice ones over the years like him from working nights down around the mouth of Ogden canyon in the orchards eating apples.

One night years ago in the middle of December, I came onto two in the middle of harrison at around 3:00 am. both were bucks pushing 30". going west toward the orchards to eat. They looked at me for a minute and trotted off. Was neat as hell to just watch them run off.
[signature]
If he would have been in front of WSU at 4:30 this morning when I passed, he would be in the back of my truck right now with a tag on him. [cool]
[signature]
AS long as you didnt tell us all later on that a mountain lion drug it out of the back of your truck, After you had hiked 15 miles and let 10 other wall hangers go to get this one we would believe you![shocked][laugh]
[signature]