Fishing Forum

Full Version: Picked up a couple of new toys today!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it looks like President-Elect Obama, has been the best firearms salesman in modern times, so much so I even had to get in on the action.

I had been wanting two certain types of guns for quite awhile, but since the election I found it almost imposible to find them. I had calls into FFL dealers both private and commercial since the election, for them to keep an eye out for the two that I wanted. Well Thursday one of the FFL's that I was in contact with said he found BOTH of the guns I was wanting, and he would have them by Saturday if I wanted them. I told him of course I wanted them, then he proceeded to tell me that if I would come pick them up rather than having them shipped to a local FFL he would give me an offer I could not refuse.

At first I wasn't interested since the FFL was clear accross the state of Wyoming in CHEYENNE. But once he told me what his offer was I gladly drove to and back from Cheyenne this morning smiling all the way.

God we live in a great country!!!

Gun #1 - Double Star AR-15 DSC Patrol Rifle
• Chambered 5.56 NATO
• 16" 1x9 twist, chrome moly lightweight barrell.
• YHM 2 Pc. Rail Hand guard.
• GG&G MAD Flip Up Rear Sight.
• 6-Position DS-4 buttstock.
• Hogue Rubber Over molded Pistol Grip
• Flattop Upper
• A2- Phantom Flash Suppressor

Gun #2 - Glock Model 38 Compact
• Chambered .45 GAP
• Tru-Glow Night sights

Here are some pics!!

[inline img_1968.jpg]

[inline img_1969.jpg]

[inline img_1970.jpg]
[signature]
That sight brings a tear to my eye! You won't regret picking up those bad boys.
[signature]
If i had the money i would be out getting me a couple new toys to
[signature]
Very Nice Braz,

I have the same pistol, Model 27 in the .40. Get the extensions for the bottom of the clips for your little finger. you will be much happier with it.

Nice rifle also. I have the Bushmaster M-4. Save you up four Benjamins and get you a EOTECH halographic sight. I have that on my rifle and it is SWEEEEET.

I just bought me a Kimber .45 compact. OH baby. Nice.

Enjoy those toys my friend!
[signature]
When all hell breaks loose and the world turns against itself, I'll be heading up to your little fort. [cool]
[signature]
Hey I also have the Glock Model 27 that I use for concealed carry!! You are right you need to have the extensions on the clip to make the gun feal comfortable since it is so small.

The Model 38 I bought is only a Compact not a Subcompact like the Model 27, and your litle finger fits on the grip without the extensions on the clip.
[signature]
[quote HookJaw_Brimhall]When all hell breaks loose and the world turns against itself, I'll be heading up to your little fort. [cool][/quote]Come on up man!
One thing about my neighborhood is we are extremely well armed!!!![Wink]
[signature]
Nice score Braz,

I too just picked up a new rifle, Colt M4 Carbine, I have an issued patrol M4 with an 11.5" barrel with the Yankee Hill Spectre forearm but decided I better get one of my own, The colt is the 16.5" with collapsible stock, removeable carry handle flat top. I will be putting a Yankee Hill forearm on it, adding the Hogue grip, changing out the sights and looking into optics. I'll be at your house also when the [url "mailto:S@#T"]S@#T[/url] hits the fan and i'll be bringing my guns. Remo
[signature]
Check out the EOTECH Remo. I have it on my Rifle. SWEEET!
[signature]
Mark, what makes the EOTECH better than a Red Dot?
[signature]
Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this Braz, I simply forgot until know, The EOTECH is a holographic site. The scope illuminates with a red dot, However no matter how you hold the rifle, Cant it or move it, The POI will always be where the red dot is. Check out their web site and read about them. We use them on all of our tactical Rifles and they are used by most of your Military men and Women over fighting for our freedom right now
[signature]