Fishing Forum

Full Version: Scofield ice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hay: Dose anyone know how the ice is coming along up at Scofield ? ( IN NEED OF ICE FISHING[fishin] )
[signature]
it's not at all.. [:/]
[signature]
Thanks for the info [mad] / [:/]
[signature]
Come on - it has got to be freezing at least in the dam arm. Give me some good news. Please!!

I plan on heading up Friday or Saturday to first try Scofield, and if not, than Huntington. One of them better have 2-3 inches by then, somewhere on the lake.
[signature]
well i was up to huntington yesterday and not only was there no new ice.. what ice there was had melted by 2:00

cleveland had walkable 2 day's ago.. but now it's allmost gone as well.. not safe to walk on that's for sure..
[signature]
What is going on? Did we just skip winter and go straight to Spring?? There better be a frozen lake in that area by 7 a.m. Saturday morning!!
[signature]
I bring more bad news... Absolutely zero ice on Scofield, other than the shoreside rock faces... I fished the dam for about ~30 minutes today. Car trouble and a pursuit of a $5 Christmas tree kept me from staying longer. Also whitecaps, no bites and 20 mph could have done it's part too.

Well, actually there is maybe 4-5 feet of ice in one spot on the very shallow south side. Nothing anywhere else. You may want to rethink your plans for Saturday, because apparently the fishing has been really bad over the past few weeks.

But as someone else said, the Dam is done and no more traffic lights.
[signature]
This is craziness. Since when does Scofield not cap by December 6th??

With the cold weather expected over the next 3 days, I am hoping that there might be some ice by the 8th.
[signature]
here is the latest scofield ice report.. had a buddy that did a drive by today.. he said it was 1/2 frozen when he went by this morning. but 1/2 of that was gone when he came back through later in the afternoon.. thats all i got..
[signature]
Thanks fuzz - don't know what I would do without you. Actually I would probably just waste a lot of gas. I owe you. Maybe I'll let you win the ice tourny this year.[:p]
[signature]
Thanks, Fuzzyfisher [Wink]
That means it won't be to much longer [fishin]
[signature]
I'll Take Spring any day over the cold and hard water, Wind and sub 0,put me on a blow up raft on top the Ice then I might fish it, knowing if the ice broke im safe [:p],
Have friend that has a cabin at Scofield and he said some ice around the edges in morning but by the time noon hits, it's Ice off again, won't belong for you die hard Ice Boys. Have fun see you next spring [blush] [fishin]
[signature]
I was at Scofield Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday there was a tiny bit of ice by the dam only that all melted by 10 am. Wednesday there was no ice at all.

I am getting very frustrated. I wanted to be dipping by now.
[signature]
I am driving up there tomorrow morning with my ice gear and I better find some fishable ice at either Scofield or Huntington or some other lake up there with decent fish!! I don't want to be doing this [fishin]. or using these [Image: sleeping.gif]. I want my feet to be standing right over my jig with my fish finder going crazy.

Hopefully yesterdays and todays and tonights cold weather will finally produce enough ice to walk on, at least for a few hours until noon tomorrow.
[signature]
be carefull out on the thin ice. it's not worth falling through. I'm dyiing to go, but cautious enough to wait it out. thanks for the great condition updates fuzzy.
[signature]
I am yet to fall through, knock on wood. I fished Trial Lake on Nov. 15th on 2.5 inches and Henry's Lake last weekend on 2. Now that was scary[Image: sleepy.gif], but it held up well, especially in the morning when the temperatures remained below freezing. My goal is to be up there before sun up and if we have at least two inches, I know that I will be good to go for a few hours as it is supposed to remian below freezing until noon. If not Scofield, I'll go look at Huntington, Cleveland or a few of the other lakes in the area. Hope to see a few of you up there.
[signature]
Yeah....be careful going fishing or you may be going swimming. I would be shocked if you find anything at Scofield. Keep us posted though.
[signature]
Don't die either.
[signature]
Scofield has Ice on as of the 5th I was up there again today 1.5 to 2 inches in some places. Not thick enough for me. The good news is that it has started.
[signature]
It's about time ?[Smile]
NEXT WEEK I'll BE THERE [fishin]
Thank's for the info oneyed-jack[Wink]
[signature]