Fishing Forum

Full Version: Trail Cam question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Stealth Cam brand?

Looking at their I550 model. Seems to have what I need at the base level and is in the budget range I have.
[signature]
I don't have any experience with it, but I have heard good things about it. I own a Moultrie, it's ok but I think I may get a Steath Cam in the future.
If you end up getting it, let me know how it works for ya.
The problem have seen with my camera is that it is way too sensitive. If you have it pointed at anything that will slightly move in a breeze or mild wind, it will go off. Most of the time my camera will have 100+ pics on it in a week and less than 10 of the pics are of animals.
I would try that Stealth cam out, heck the company has their own TV show. They must be selling a few of those things.[Wink]
[signature]
Question for you. Have you had any problems with the flash not working for night pictures with your Moultrie?

The number one complaint I've found online is that the flash either quits or doesn't work properly on the Moultries. Number one complaint against the Stealth Cams is they use too much battery. Then people complain that both take too long to wake up. Then again it looks like most of the trail cams were designed to take photos of food plots where the animals stand around for awhile.
[signature]
iseen one on a hunting show,today 34 comcast it had 7 megapixels.cant rember the name.
[signature]
I have only had a couple of night pictures and they all turned out just fine. As far as I know, the flash works great. Like i said, the only thing I have had a problem with the sensitivity. Otherwise the Moultrie is a good camera.
I have the Cabelas 4.0 Moultrie Gamespy. They make a 5.0 megapixle now I think that runs about $100.
[signature]
Here's the Camera I have, I actually have the cabelas camo model (Not Black) but it's the same camera.
[inline "Moultrie Camera.jpg"]
Here are some pics that I have collected from the camera in the last few years. Still have not found any trophies roaming around, but I have not used it as much as I would like to either. Maybe '09 will be the year for some good cam pics [cool]
[signature]