Fishing Forum

Full Version: Scofield--- Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cant wait for the first ice trip this season! Headed to Scofield for the first time. Wanna catch one of those famous Tiger Trout and maybe some perch. Never been there before. Im in need of some help on what part of the lake to fish for both types of fish and what i need to catch a Tiger Trout.

Any advice is helpful.
I don't know about perch at Scofield...try somewhere else for those.
tigers will take most general jig and fish imitating lures-or minnows. Good luck and Welcome to the forum![fishin]
[signature]
Perch are not in Scofield. Look for the tents and you found where people fish. Some days it looks like you could walk on people frome the southeast side out to the Island. A lot of people fish in the Dam arm also. I have found the tigers some days a little shallower then the rainbows. Tigers also seem to like minnows and larger bait but that isn't always true.
[signature]
I will be out there on Fri. also. I have an Eskimo quick flip ll with a Big Fish Tackle sticker on it come say hi and we will compare notes. I haven't been to Scofield in a decade but I took my finals today and am in need of some fishing action. I will have my radio on channel 7.
[signature]
[quote MacFisher]Wanna catch one of those famous Tiger Trout and maybe some perch.[/quote]

[shocked] Wouldn't that be scary if perch showed up in Scofield!

Welcome to the forum Macfisher. Make sure you have your two pole permit and set up one rod with ice jigs tipped with mealworms or waxworms and salmon eggs. On the other rod, use a tube jig tipped with a chub minnow. That's what I do at Scofield. I think that will give you the best chance of getting into the rainbows, cutts, and tigers at Scofield.

You may also want to read this:

Scofield Reservoir
Division of Wildlife Resources biologists say the Utah chub population in Scofield Reservoir has increased dramatically over the past two years. To try and keep the population in check, biologists will stock Bear Lake cutthroat trout into the reservoir starting in spring 2009. Putting Bear Lake cutthroats in the reservoir will give it two "chub eaters" — the Bear Lake cutthroat trout and tiger trout that are in the reservoir now. To keep plenty of large predatory Bear Lake cutthroats and tiger trout in the reservoir, the trout limit at the reservoir will be lowered to four trout. Starting Jan. 1, the four-trout limit can include two cutthroat or tiger trout under 15 inches in length and one cutthroat or tiger trout more than 22 inches long. All cutthroat and tiger trout between 15 and 22 inches long must be released immediately.
[signature]
Ok well i wont go after the nonexistant perch in scofield. That can be saved for Rockport and Echo further in the season. But thanks for the advice on the tigers really lookin forward to catching them.

Also thanks for the update on the regs. Thats always good to keep up on.

On the ice and tube jigs any particular color better than the others?
[signature]
Good Luck!!!!!!!
[signature]
Never underestimate the power of a worm. I have caught rainbows, cutts, and tigers with worms @ scofeild... Its kind of fun you never know what your going to pull up. [Wink]
[signature]
it's hard to beat pearl or golw tube jig's on most all the lakes in that area..

tip with minnow if ya want a tiger.. chub's eat worms [crazy] tigers eat the chub's! [sly]
[signature]