Fishing Forum

Full Version: Southern Ice (and road) Conditions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Calibri"]Does anyone know if Otter Creek has capped? Any reports? I'm hoping to head down there this weekend. (I know Jacksonman was wanting to go soon, too). It usually caps around this time of year, right?[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font][font "Calibri"]Also, how is access to Mill Meadow and Forsythe? I ice fished Mill Meadow a few years ago, but it was early in Dec. and there wasn't any snow on the road yet.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font][font "Calibri"]Thanks,[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font][font "Calibri"]kniephof[/font]
My little brother told me as of a week ago saturday there wasn't any ice on otter creek or piute. I'm trying to get him to go take a scenic drive around piute, otter creek, and fish lake to look for ice. I grew up in Richfield but I'm living in Bountiful now and I'm taking off a bunch of time to go home for christmas and hope to get in some ice fishing down there.

If he makes the drive and gives me a report I'll pass it along.
Ice is about 3 weeks behind this year. Panguitch, Otter and Paiute was all open water last saturday. Forsyth and mill meadow has safe ice.
[signature]
Thanks guys. I'm sure someone will post when OC caps then.
[signature]
According to the State Parks website its frooze over as of the 16th, didnt say how much ice though should be safe by next week.
[signature]
Otter Creek is caped
[signature]
Do you know how much ice?
[signature]
Hmm...excellent news. With these cold temps, and if it was capped as of 16th (yesterday), I'm sure it'll be good to go by the weekend (that's speculative and wishful thinking, obviously). [Smile]

I'm waiting to hear from someone who lives in Tropic who may have "up-to-the-minute" info. I'll post it if I hear more.

Thanks again guys!
[signature]
I plan to fish otter creek in the morning. I will let you know. The lake capped on Sunday so it should be fine to fish. I had the state park guy drill a hole and he said it was 3" on Wednesday. Good luck!
[signature]