Fishing Forum

Full Version: Bunny Hunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know where I could take my boys bunny hunting in the Cache Valley. Santa brought them 22s for Christmas and I don't know anywhere close to take them. I thought about Park Valley but I would like to go some where closer for their first trip.
[signature]
Not aware of anything in the cache valley. You might find something over in Rich county between Randolph and Evanston or back toward sage creek junction and over on the east side of Berar lake. That is closer than Park valley.

Good Luck
[signature]
You know I didn't think about that. It would be closer. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
I would try South Eden Canyon ?? We went out to rabbit springs and walked a few diffrent places between there and Rossette and only seen a few,less then 20. They were very spooky. We only shot 7 rounds between 3 of us!! Over 300 miles and no dogs !! Nice road trip though!![Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Cant help you for up north,Brody may be able to help you get your kids into some?I went west yesterday and was very discouraged about my findings,We must be at the bottom of the down cycle in the west desert,every where I went I so nothing,I put 150 miles on the truck yesterday and didn't see a rabbit? weird!I have heard of another spot down south that I will go look at this weekend.PM me for some more info on this spot Monday and I should have some info. But I live in Salt Lake and that would be quiet the trip for you.It's going to be at least two hours for me to get there.And I'm sure your not going to be interested any way.
Good luck with your search,It can be tough.
[signature]
I took my 14 year old grandson up north to Snowville. About 98 miles from Clearfield. We seen alot of rabbit tracks but not one rabbit. Kind of disappointed, but alot of fun target practicing. Alot of deep snow.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. It sounds like it has been a slow year for everyone. I guess for now they can always just targets with me.
[signature]
I have a friend that was supposed go out that way this weekend. If I hear from him I'll post how he did.
[signature]
I have a couple of friends who went up around Randolph - Woodruff area and got into the cottontails. I may take a run over there myself.
They also jumped some White Tail jacks. If you go snowshoes are a must have to get around.
Darn I "HATE" this time of year. Don't ice fish, no rabbits and I lubed and cleaned my rods and reels so much I'm afraid I'll wear them out before soft water gets here LOL.
[signature]
It wouldn't be much fun to drag the kids around with snowshoes but thanks for the info. It sounds to me like you need to take up ice fishing. I don't have near as much fun as on the open water but it's something to do to pass the time and stay out of the wife's hair.
[signature]
jaybird i have a friend who lives in st george his buddys live in fimore said they are doing well on bunnies.
[signature]