Fishing Forum

Full Version: Piute Res ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heading out Wednesday. Thinking about Pine View but feel there is goig to be a city on that pond at the narrows after some of the post I've read. Maybe Piute instead? Anyone been down there lately?

Bill
[signature]
I was there Friday. Fishing was pretty slow. Another guy also posted that he was there Friday with the same results. It could pick up in a hurry though.
[signature]
Sorry for the delayed report but- - - -
My wife and I fished Sunday and caught 16 (10-16")in 2 hours. We didn't get into the 2-3 lbers the lake is known for tho.16' of water. On the bottom. Rats with waxies, mealy and Pimple with minnow all worked. Colors didn't seem to matter either. The bite was very light and quick. A hit and gone most times...unusually hard to hookup. Many hookups were enhanced with theVexilar-really fun to see them come right out of the bottom and hit the lure Smile .We were late getting on the water-noon. Weather was great, breeze came up ~1:30 and we left at 2. We were going to go to OC but the local outfitting shop recommened Paiute. The shop is across the highway from the Butch Cassidy Motel and Restaurant at the South end of town.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Still waiting on a report from Pin View from a nephew, ha just scratching my head, guess I may have to flip a coin. Am kinda leaning toward Piute though.
[signature]
I was down back on New Years Day - see post below. I was a little surprised - we caught more small fish than I am used to on Paiute. I was not fast fishing, but we did catch fish. I think if I were going that far south - seeing the posts this last week, I would go to Fish Lake.
[signature]