Fishing Forum

Full Version: Last jump shoot of the season i think.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided after 3 weeks of nothing but fishing i would go jump some birds. I looked for 3 hours before i saw any and they were in a good spot to jump.
I snuck up on them(took 45 minutes) and was in perfect position for the hammer. I peaked over the brush to see where they were and the mallards ha dswam another 20 yards and the only thing in range were goldeneyes.[mad]
I backed out and snuck around more brush to find myself in the sweet spot. 5 yards from 15 or so mallards and they didn't have a clue.[sly]
I stood up, shot 3 times, 2 ducks fell. I reloaded, shot another 2 shots another fell. Just as i looked at one of the ducks floating quickly away, i saw a wood duck coming full boar right at me. BANG! Woodie number 4 for the year!!![Smile]
Not a bad way to end the season. I will post a pic tomorrow afternoon if anybody wants to see it.[cool]
On another note, i went looking for suckers for the burbot bash but all my sucker holes were frozen over. I did however find a new carp hole. I force-fed 4 before calling it quits. The largest of the 4 was over 30#!!! It was 34 1/2" long and as big around as a watermellon! Not sure what the state record is but this thing was grosely huge!
[signature]
Sounds like a sweet jump shoot! Nice work! Did you force feed the carp Black Cloud?[Wink]
[signature]
Good job.

Pictures, pictures

Since I can't get out I need pictures.
[signature]
No, 7 o/t Gamagatsu treble.[sly]
[signature]
Check this Carp out. Trolling hit a Rapala in Perch color on 10 lb line. 20 minute battle, had to back the boat up.
[signature]
Nice Carp.Check this one out. Hit a Rapala in Perch color trolling on 10 lb test. 20 minute battle. Scale said a tade over 32 lbs. The last post posted before I was done on its own.
[signature]
That is a beast! Now i wonder how much the one i got weighed?? It was significantly bigger than that hog your better half is holding.[cool]
[signature]
Could be pushing 40, hve seen them below Hoover dam in the 50 lb range. Great fight no matter what they say
[signature]
Actually, this fish had no fight at all. It was in about 10" of water and didn't even move when i got in the water. Kinda like it was asleep or something. I just pulled it up on the ice.
[signature]