Fishing Forum

Full Version: Yuba as Great as ever..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well its getting there, the biggest that we got was just over 13" and about as big around as long...

The smallest perch was 11 1/4" we had two at that size both was males and look thin when put along side the females...

I hooked one pike but it cut my line before I could get it through the hole, the air temp at 8:00 was 1* when we got there we headed home at 1:00...
[signature]
sorry we missed you. we would have liked to say hello. I always have on a bright yellow coat so if you see us in the future, call us over. It really was a good day on the ice.
[signature]
Very nice, I'll be out Saturday, with everybody else [Wink]
[signature]
i was down at painted rock today kicked butt on about the same.. big one for me was 12 inch.. on pike. but i'll take the snowmobile next time.. i'm sure i know where 1 or 2 might be hiding.. [sly]
[signature]
Where is Yuba?
[signature]
It's fun to meet other BFT'ers , Will keep an eye out for you...
[signature]
The next time I go I think I will have my 4-wheeler to try other parts of the lake..
[signature]
Well, from SLC you take I15 south past Nephi about 20 miles to the sign that says Yuba state park...

Or at Nephi take the exit to Gunison and Levan south watch for the sign to Yuba about 20 to 25 miles from Nephi ...
[signature]
Which side did you fish? Do you think a 2 wheel drive 4 wheeler can move around ok without getting stuck?
[signature]
if you can get it on the ice you should be fine!
[signature]
I don't see why not, there is only maybe one inch of snow on the ice and you should be able to go down the ramp to get on the ice...
[signature]
I fished painted rock on 1-08-09 and seen a lot fish on the fish finder but I had 4 hit in 3 hours and ever body I talked to was doing about the same. So if you go down by the dam it sounds like the fishing is 200% better down there.
[signature]
you know i talked to a lot of guy's out there that said the same thing.. i had fish comeing through all day had bites all day long i was useing big jigs to keep the small ones off.. but still took home a limit!! with out a problem..

seen 1 a guy cought out there that was all of 3 inch's. and he had one other that was 12 inchs.. he said that was all he had caught all day.. they keep comeing over and asking me if i was still catching them.. yep i had bites all day long.. but with the bigger jig i missed a ton of small ones i think!

oh BTW how ya been buddy? long time no see..
[signature]
was the ice at the damn thick enough for wheelers?
[signature]
The ice with snow on it was 5"to 7" the ice with no snow was 2" to 3" most was 5" or more only one area by the dam that was 2" to 3" that I seen...

I plain to use my wheeler the next time I go...
[signature]
I have fished the painted rock side in recent past (last year) I havent fished over by the dam for many years. Where were you fishing? I would love to catch some perch but with no wheeler or snow machine I cant drag all over the lake to find em. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thinking of a trip tues or wed this next week.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good sized parking area and long wide ramp. The ramp is about 300 yards from the dam...to the west. All you have to do is go straight out about 50 yards...to find water over 40 feet deep...and then move around toward the dam until you find fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Actually, there should be plenty of evidence of the good spots, with trampled down snow and blood spots around them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will be going down Sunday and again on Tuesday. Will be happy to help show you guys the right stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD
Thank you very much I will certainly try for Tuesday. What time do you plan on getting down there? Would be great to spend a day on the hard water with you!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Still haven't finalized details. Shoot me a PM if you can make it Tuesday and we will coordinate it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'll be there Tuesday morning also. Probably around 7am. I'll be straight out from the ramp. Stop and say HI.
[signature]