Fishing Forum

Full Version: Awsome sight to see in the woods !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0365125.jpg]WE SAW THIS LITTLE ONE IN THE WOODS WHILE HUNTING MORELL MUSHROOMS OVER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND . IT WAS ALIVE AND WELL REMAINING PERFECTLY STILL UNTILL THE DANGER ( LONEWOLF AND I ) PASSED .WE BACKED AWAY FROM IT AND I LEFT IT UNDISTURBED .

FOR THOES OF YOU WHO DON'T RECOGNISE IT , IT'S A FAWN . THE TAIL END IS FACING US WITH THE EAR IN THE TOP LEFT AREA OF THE BODY .
[signature]
GREAT PICTURE!!! I saw the samething last year. I was driving down a road and saw her tring to stand up. I pulled over to point her out to my kids and all of a sudden she dissapeared. A couple of minutes passed by, and MOM showed up and the little one got up and walked away real wobbly. It's a great thing to see in the spring.[Smile]
[signature]
BEAUTIFUL!!! TEN TIMES AND OVER!!!! OH WHAT A SIGHT. YOU WERE LUCKY TO SEE HIM. OR HER HAHA. WISH I,D BEEN WITH TO SEE IT. HAVE FUN [cool][Smile][Wink]
[signature]
OH!! THE MOOSE ARE BACK!! JACK GOT THEM ON THE VIDEO, CAMERA! [cool] THE ONE WAS STARTIN HIS VELVET HORNS WHICH WERE BOUT 3 FT, LONG ALREADY!![cool] THEN THERE WAS A HUGE ONE STOOD ALMOST 10 FT HIGH!!!!! THAINK THAT WAS MOMMA. I COULDN,TSEE THRU THE TREES IF IT HAD HORNS, THE ONE WITH HORNS LOOKED TO BE A 2 YEAR OLD OLD ENOUGH TO GIT AWAY FROM MOMMA BUT STILL YOUNG YOU KNOW HAHA. LATER BUT IT WAS COOL SEEIN EM. BACK.[Smile][cool][Wink][laugh]
[signature]
YESSA! THAT,S WHAT SPRINGS ALL BOUT! NEW LIFE!!! [cool] WHETHER IT BE 2LEGGED OR 4 HAHA![Smile][Wink][cool][laugh]
[signature]
[Wink] Awsome picture Lonehunter !!! Very few get to ever see this !!!

Flagmanonice...............
[signature]
this is my third time coming upon on of these newbe's . the first time , i just about stepped on one before it jumped up and stopped my heart . this little fellow/gal by size couldn't have been more than a couple days old . i knew mom had to be watching so we just backed on out of the area and circled out to the road .

i saw another one a few days earlier crossing the road with it's mom . so far no twins have been spoted . it always gets me geeked when i see something like this .

last year my youngest was doing a nature walk with me and had the blessing to see a box turtle laying eggs . no camera then , but i try to keep one with me at all times now .
[signature]
that must of been neat!! seein the turtle, and i just got jack a video camara for his birthday and we,ve used it fer his 2 daughters graduations me singin, and cliff my son, down to the top hat fishin trip[ up thru burlington the first weekend, and we,ve had a ball with it. if ya git avchance anybody git one. cause ya can take memories that ya never can replace with it. jack can put it on the tv. thru the computer and what pictures. you,d figure you were right there. cool.[Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]
cool mare , if you need help posting a pic from the video , maybe davetclown might know how to process it !
[signature]
that would be [cool] haha then i could put the moose on there fer you.!! haha but don,t ya have to have a scannin machine?? i got one but jack hasn.t plugged it up yet. i don,t know how. but we,re takin off with the truck and motorcycle friday fer a week over to laconia, that way i can ride some if i feel good enough.we,re takin enough stuff fer a year. haha louie said he,s takin his monkey haha he,s been carryin it around fer three days. he always knows when we,re goin. haha,i hope we,re gonna have better weather than their talkin. as long as it gits warm.!!!!! well we got a big tent the computer movies so we,ll find somethin to do in that tent haha later mare tell the fawn i said hi!! the kids and fishingirl too haha!![Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]
I GOT A COUPLE PIC'S OF ONE , BUT THE LITTLE ONE I REMEMBER THE MOST WAS ONE THAT JUMPED OUT IN FRONT OF ME ON A GRAVEL ROAD . BIG AS A HORSE AND STILL A BABY !! HIS MAMA MADE ME HIGHTAIL IT FOR THE HILLS ! WHAT A RIDE THAT WAS , ME BEING CHASED BY A MOOSE !
[signature]
lol!! 2-3 times haha but i got a good one fer ya too! dawn and i my girlfriend were up in the hills of readin the same place i told you about the other day, where we saw em again. i think and am pretty sure it,s the same ones that been comin back fer years now. and i think the big one i was tellin ya about might be dad now that i thinks about it. he was that huge.10 ft or better!! well, dawn and i had been up to camp visitin the boys and the camps not too fer from the swamp they,d been in and hangin round fer quite some time. but people hdn,t seen em in a few days so we figured we,d go up thru just sit and bull tILL the sun went down over the swamp cause it,S pretty up there. well, at the camp we,d had a couple and we had to go!! gogo! haha well anyways we wanted to go BE fer the sun went down. we proceeded to git out the car and go down the trail the moose had made on the edge of the swamp,ALL AROUND THE SWAMP, BUT not too fer from the car. well they had a trail on both sides of the swamp. and met where dawn and i was doin our thing. haha anywas, i looked over and without us knowin momma was on the otherside of the swamp and come out thru withh her NEW little ones twins. i looked at dawn she looked at me and i,m sayin oh ---- all of a sudden we hear this crash BOOM BANG thru the bushes, and ALL i,m SEEIN, ANDsayin IS LEGS HORNS MOOSE! daddy!!! i said come over here slow!!! he had come out the side we needed to git to the car on! we was scat!!!!!!! yessa, dawn grabs my hand with the one she and i were tryin to hold our britches up thyin not to do more in our britches ahahhaha but we weren,t laugin then!!! haha anyways he stood there starin at us and i said dawn MOVE SLOW! VERY SLOW! whiperin! WE WERE NOT MORE,N 7FT AWAY FROM HIM LIKELY almost! DOIN IT IN OUR BRITCHES. HE WAS SO CLOSE I FELT HIS BREATHE AT LEAST IT SEEMED. WELL WE GOT PAST HIM AND BOY WERE WE STILL NERVOUS!! BUT WE GOT TO THAT CAR AND MAN DID WE BOOK IT. OUT OF THERE AND TO THIS DAY WHEN THE MOOSE COME BACK THAT,S WHAT WE THINK OF.hahaha I DId [Smile][Wink][cool][laugh][laugh][laugh] NOT THINK HE WAS GONNA LET US BY. WE WER WHITE AS GHOSTS MAYBE THAT,S WHY WE WERE LUCKY!! HAHAHAHAHA
[signature]
LOL! THAT'S A GOOD ONE MARE , I WOULD HAVE BEEN SCARED TOO !

MY BROTHER HOOKED ONE WHILE FISHING ONCE IN MAINE . HE WAS JUST SITTING THERE WHEN HIS BOBBER WENT STRAIT DOWN . HE PULLED AND TUGGED HIS ARMS OFF AND UP ROSE THIS BIG OLD RACK OF MOOSE HEAD JUST CHEWING UP SOME LAKE GRASS , HE LOOKED AT MY BROTHER LIKE HE WAS STUPID OR SOMETHING AND WENT STRAIGHT BACK DOWN TO EATING . BETCHA SOME HUNTER WAS SURPRISED TO SEE A BULL MOOSE SPORTING A BOBBER AS A EAR RING DURING THE FALL .
[signature]
HAHAHAHAHAHAH BUT COME ON YOU JOSHIN ME ON THAT ONE AIN,T YA???? HAHAHAHA HOW COULDN,T HE NOT SEEIT??? HAHAHA HE WEREN,T UNDERWATER WAS HE?? HAHAHAHA YA TELL ME THAT ONE . BUT I WOULD ------MY BRITCHES ON THAT ONE. IT,S A WONDER HE DIDIN,T GIT CHASED LIKE YOU HAHAHAHA TELL ME TRUE HAHAMRE[Smile][Wink][cool][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
yep , under the water ! tender plants down there , moose love them . moose are kind of like hippo's when they eat .
[signature]
hey dub!!!! hahahaha i still would of liked ta seen that one!! hahaha well missed talkin to ya the last 2 weeks! you all. been motorcyclin! fisr in new york, americade. and then laconia new hampshire! vacations are TIRENIN!!! HAHA HAD A GOOD TIME THOUGH. GOT OUT FROM THE COMPUTER FER A WHILE HAHA in laconia we went fishin up to the white mountains. beautiful area, and boy did we catch some fish. BIG BROOKIES. I CAUGHT A 2LB. 1 AND A HALF POUND AND SOME SMALLERRR ONES BUT GOOD EATIN!!! JACK GOT A FEW GOOD ONES TOO. i just let it float down thru with my nite crawler and bang!!!! had em. haha good runners except for the big ones they set right there and ate it and was lazy andd wouldn,t move only cople fett. that,s how i knew he,d ate it. i had a good fight with em after though! haha my little ugly stick was bent right over. haha it was my five ft. pole. got really cold and RAIN RAIN RAIN. EXCEPT FER 3 DAYS!! OUT OF THE 2 WEEKS! BUT WE GOT A GOOD SETup with the tent taarp, heater!! haha my ol bones don,t like the old no more. hahaha wel write me when ya can. hope everythin,s been fine since i talked to ya last!! and family. later mare [Wink][laugh]
[signature]
THE BEST THING ABOUT CAMPING ( ESPECIALLY FOR US GOODLOOKING OL' FOLKS ) IS THAT FIRST CUP A CAMP COFFEE IN THE MORNING . IT TAKES TWO OR THREE TO GET THIS OL' BOY WOKE UP .
[signature]
HAHAHAHA ME TOO ME TOO!!! I,M AN OL SOW TILL I DO!! HAHAHA EVEN MY DUB, SON CLIFF KNEW THAT!! HAHAHAH YOUNG! I LOVE THE MOTORCYCLE THANKS NOW ALL I GOT TO DO IS FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEND IT TO DAVE!! HAHAHA I KNOW ------ ABOUT GITTI SOMETHIN FROM ONEPLACE TO ANOTHER!! HAHA ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNIN HAHA I,VE ONLY HAD HALF CUP SO FER HAHA. IN A BIT. OH, GOOD THING I KNOW WHERE TO GIT TO ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER WHEN I,M HUNTIN HAHA LIKE THAT?? HAHAHA LATER MARE
[signature]
I don't want to cause any problems at all, but if you guys admire this sight so much, why do you shoot them??? I don't understand the whole concept of hunting. I disapprove of it, and think that it is wrong. the only time i approve of hunting is when it is needed to survive.

once again, I dont mean to cause any problems, i just want to see your guys' outlook on the sport of hunting.

joe
[signature]
IT'S A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN TO SOMEONE THAT HAS NEVER TRIED IT . I MYSELF AT THE 40+ AGE ONLY STARTED ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO . UNTILL THAT TIME I NEVER SAW ANY SENCE TO THE THING . YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY MEAT AT THE STORE .

ONCE I GAVE IT A TRY I WAS HOOKED FOR LIFE .

SOME GUYS FLYFISH AND WOULD NEVER GIVE A SPINROD A SECOND THOUGHT . WHILE FISHING THEY SEE THERE QUARRY FROM HATCHLING TO TROPHY MOUNT . IT IS PART OF THEM .

SOME GUYS PLANT GARDENS , THEY TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THERE PRODUCE , IT IS EATEN ALL THE SAME . STILL THAT ONE TOMATO IS THERE SENCE OF PRIDE .

ARTISTS JUST DON'T SEE A CAN OF PAINT , THERE'S A PICASSO IN THAT CAN ONLY THEY CAN SEE , UNTILL THEY BRING IT TO LIFE .

EVERY PERSON DEFINES AND SURROUNDS THEMSELVES WITH THE THINGS THAT MAKE THEM WHO THEY ARE . THESE THINGS GIVE US OUR FEELING OF INDIVIDUALLITY . IT IS WHO WE ARE .

WE CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY WE LOVE THE THINGS WE DO , OR WHY WE ADMIRE THEM SO MUCH . IT IS JUST PART OF US .

IN MY CASE - HUNTING AND FISHING , WORK AND HOME , FAMILY AND FRIENDS , EVERYTHING THAT WE SEE AND HEAR ,TOUCH AND SMELL , THE THINGS WE BELIVE IN AND THE THINGS WE REFUSE TO RECOGNISE AS TRUTH . ALL OF THESE THINGS BRING TO US BALANCE IN OUR LIVES OR TOTAL CHAOS . FOR ME THERE IS BALANCE WITH HUNTING , WITHOUT IT CHAOS .

I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY , IT'S JUST WHAT DOES IT FOR ME . I AM A HUNTER .
[signature]