Fishing Forum

Full Version: new icer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey every one not much of a computer poster, but anyway, my uncle has been taking me ice fishing to mackay this year a little and i was wanting to get my own stuff. the thing is i am worried about how long the ice will last especially around the preston reservoirs, that is where i will do most of my fishing. just need a clue how late the ice usually stays.
[signature]
I don't know when the ice breaks up down there, but it usually breaks up end of March 1st part of April around here in Rexburg.

Windriver
[signature]
How about a report on how you did at Mackay . As for how long the ice will last that's a tuff one . This is Idaho , we could have summer come early or winter last long . It was 53 degrees the last two days in Island Park . Curt G.
[signature]
I say buy your gear now if you already are hooked you will be out there come late November. Cal Ranch and other places usually discout merchandise in Feburary to clear stock. You will be saving money. I also agree that we would all appreciate a Mackay post. I think I am the only guy that has posted about this place this fishing season.

OvidCreek
[signature]