Fishing Forum

Full Version: Chesterfield results?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So how did everyone do? I ended up catching 14 fish. 19 was my biggest (not big enough for any money [frown]). It was my first time fishing there. I was very impressed with the fish, big footballs, and they were biting well especially for all the pressure that day.
[signature]
Between the two of us we caught around 35 fish 5 or 6 in the 18 to 19.5 range, they got progressively smaller as the day went on but we caught fish all day, it was fun.
[signature]
Welcome to the board and we hope to hear from you in the future.

Windriver
[signature]
Good day at the lake. There were about 10 people in our group and it was non stop action all day. I was in 3rd for a couple of hours with a 20 incher but that did not last long. It did not seem like there was the total amount of people there? Good time anyway.
[signature]
How big were the top 3 fish?

Brady
[signature]
23 3/4 was winner
22 something and another 22 i do believe
[signature]
My friend and I also came up to try our luck at the derby. I was was very impressed with Chesterfield rainbows. The action was red hot throughout the day although the biggest fish we caught were around 17". The raffle was a little dissapointing though. It took awhile to hike back across the lake on foot and by the time we got back to the measuring station at around 3:20 the raffle was almost over [Sad]. They had stated in the derby rules and regulations that the raffle drawing wouldn't start until 4:00! I'd also heard that some guy walking around had changed the time to 3:30, but that's still 15 minutes later then they actually started. Oh well, in spite of the raffle, it was still a fun event, fast fishing, and decent weather. I will definitely come back next year to try and catch one of those elusive 24 inchers.[fishon]
If I heard right they said 116 people were in it. 150 signed up so less entry fees made the winning pot a hundred bucks or so less guess people looked out in the morning and bagged it. We had 4 in our group and had a blast didn't win but we had fun.
[signature]
I guess there were hotspots and some not-so-hotspots. My wife and I only caught 6 or 7 between us all day with our biggest being about 18 inches. Here are a couple of pics from the tournament if anyone cares. The first one is the first place fish next to my foot. The third one is the 3rd place fish.
[signature]
great pics. is the road to chesterfield clear?
[signature]
Define clear. It was easily passable in a 2WD on Saturday but parts of it was snow covered. Can't say what happened since.
[signature]
i drive a 2WD GMC Sierra with a load of sand in the bed for weight.
[signature]