Fishing Forum

Full Version: A hard days work at Fish Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry about the late post. On Friday the 30th of January I coordinated a fishing derby for my co-workers to Fish Lake. Tough Job huh? To start the day we met at Denny's for breakfast. While there we had a drawing for 6 ice fishing poles all rigged and ready to go. We then went to the lake and fished at the bottle neck, off of pelican point. It was awesome to be back in god's country. Dam I miss that place. We gave out awards as follows. First place prize was a turbo 8" ice auger won by an 18inch splake. Second place was a portable Mr. Heater won by a 17 1/2 inch Splake. Third place prize was a Jr. jet sled won by a `16 1/2 inch splake. I've got to mention that there was a ten year old boy who won a pole in the drawing and he had 4 fish on the ice before most of the other guys had caught one. Don't think I didn't pump him up. We had 5 powder sleds from the rental company, for the co-workers to go for a ride. Some of them rode up tp 7 mile canyon. To find the deep snow. I can't believe how low fish lake is and how little snow there is. The Pressure ridge at Joe bush look to have tightened up over the cold spell. We caught approx. 30 something splake, a couple of rainbow, and gobs of perch. The tactics that we used were glo jigs with perch meat and worm. We fished in 25-30 feet of water. The ice was 12-14 inches thick. It would have been easy walking if we would have had too.LOL This was a team of approx. 17 men that run the salt mill in Redmond Utah. It was a team building activity and a days wages for everyone to boot. Darn I love my job. Thanks again tube dude for helping me with the pics. Pikeman GONE FISHING[fishin]
[signature]
That looks like an awesome trip with alot of good fishing. Them guys over to redmond really know how to live it up. My freind Faron works over there and he was telling me a couple of years ago the would go out and do Dynamite shoots for fun and team training. What a job!
[signature]
Yes they do the dynamite shoot a couple times a year. If there is an interest from a team. They give away 200 dollar gift certificates for sportsmans warehouse for the highest points scored. We do alot of fun things. I do know Ferran he is a good egg a little cracked but a good egg. Do you live in sevier county? Pikeman Perchman whatever you want to call me I am GONE FISHING[fishin]
[signature]
I am from Sevier county. One of these days I need to hook up with someone like you, I have always wanted to fish Yuba but have no Idea what to look for.
[signature]
Way ta gittR dun Glen.
[signature]