Fishing Forum

Full Version: Repairing a rod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if any one knows how to fix a broken rod or if they can even be fixed. Bought online had it mailed to me and it's now in two pieces. Just my luck. Any info would be great thanks!
[signature]
where is the break? post a photo of the rod if you can.
[signature]
It's a seven foot rod and its about 3/4 quarters of the way up. Is it even worth fixing or will it just keep breaking? I will post a pics when I get from work.
[signature]
well it wouldn't have the right balance if it's fixed. but if that's not a big issue to you it is possible to splice it back together depending on the severity of the break. i'll know more once i see the pictures.
[signature]
Won't whoever you bought this from replace it or is this one of the hazards of buying on line? Just wondering since I seldom buy on line unless it's from Cabela's or some place. Is there a lesson for us newbes about buying on line? Getting a new rod in 2 pieces like that is the pits.[mad] Is there a ins. pay out option for stuff like this??? As you can see, I'm dumb about this stuff but would like to know.
[signature]
I buy on line all the time. I bet its almost weekly. Only had one bad experience and that was with a fake ipod nano I got on ebay. Yes, it was new, but it was a fake. Since I use Paypal to pay for everything, it was TOTALLY covered and I got all my money back and got to keep the fake ipod! Just make sure when you buy something that you pay the "postal insurance" (its only about $1-$2...cheap!) and worth it. The convenience of on line is great for us "hicks" who are a long way from a town and even farther to a real sporting goods store. Shipping prices are a lot cheaper than paying for gas and wasting time going shopping in the city!!
[signature]
I try to buy locally but sometimes prices online are just to good to pass up. From what Ive learned from buying online is
1. with ebay always read the auction terms thoroughly they will list returns requirements, also check the feedback rating if they have a bunch of negative feedback skip the buyer Always check to see if the listed auction is paypal protected and always use paypal to pay for the auction. PayPal will guarantee your purchase up a certain dollar amount so if you do get ripped off paypal will refund your money and go after the buyer. Oh if you have any I mean any questions about the item use the contact seller feature and ask sellers about the item. You can use these questions later if you need to file a discrepancy for a refund.

2. Buying from a online retailer is about the same Read there F.A.Q or there refund policy some will fully refund your item but you have to pay for shipping some will fully cover it under return policy or warranty. Check amount of time they will warranty the item before it goes to Manufacture Warranty

3. Last but not least try to stick with well know or larger online retailers there allot of E-Retail shops out there for the most part allot of them are legit shops but there is a small minority that may try to scam you.

As far as your broken rod goes who makes it ? Allot of manufactures have limited lifetime warranties some will repair or replace the part for a small fee
[signature]