Fishing Forum

Full Version: World-record muskie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[url "http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/image/id/27331/"]http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/image/id/27331/[/url]
[signature]
Now that is a big nasty lookin' critter!
[signature]
To clarify, that is the fly rod leader weight record, not the overall World Record. Though the overall world record is a fraud.
[signature]
Pretty strong accusation, can you prove that?
[signature]
Mr. Larry Ramsell is a well known and respectable author on Muskies...may want to read some of his books including this article if the link works...suggest downloading it as it's 146 pages...[Wink] [Wink]

[url "http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/pdf/mf_050108.pdf"]http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/pdf/mf_050108.pdf[/url]
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2]Pretty strong accusation, can you prove that?[/quote]

There is plenty of evidence out there supporting that thing I have called an opinion. Apparently they arent allowed here until you post 4000 times.

Sorry sheriff Lunkerhunter, I'll be a lemming and follow the yahoo's here.

You know if either of us gave each other a chance I bet we could both learn a thing or two from each other.
[signature]

"You know if either of us gave each other a chance I bet we could both learn a thing or two from each other."

I'll pass... You said it is fraud, can you prove it? Simple question. Why is it fraud?
[signature]
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-141011824.html
Looks to me like it is still the record and not a fraud.[Wink]
[signature]
Look at the picture. Nearly 70 pounds? Come on. The second fish blows Spray's fish out of the water. They guy holding it is a very large individual. That fish could eat Spray.
[signature]
I guess your right[Wink]
The IGFA must be a fraud too if they still accepted it.[shocked]
[signature]
Like I said, it is called an opinion.
There is information out there that addresses why this record is likely a fraud. However one has to be willing to be open minded and consider the information that has been presented. Unlike you I've reviewed the information and formed an opinion. Suit yourself, I could really care less what you think.
[signature]
Ive also heard the controversy surrounding the current world record. There was a special on it on the tele a while back.
[signature]
Ya know, I think that's pretty kewl to take a saw-toothed monster like that on a fly rod. Great photo and great catch! [:/]
[signature]
Its kind of funny that when some one catches a big fish some one will try to say its a fraud....

Have you ever caught one half that big???
[signature]
I think that if you weigh each picture they may weigh the same...

But as far as the fish go I go with the IGFA...
[signature]
First off I'm not calling the 51.25 caught on a fly rod a FRAUD (not farad). Heck of a fish on a fly.

Have I caught one half as big, you bet. I've got a replica of a 51 I caught and released. Also have another over 50 and several over 45, but I don't feel the need to post every single fish I catch on a message board, I don't need to prove anything nor do I need validation that I did a good job.

The Louie Spray fish is not 60 some odd inches and 69 pounds. I understand that Utah tape measures start at 25 inches so I wont both trying to tell you to judge the sizes by a photograph. I've been told time and time again there are 60-70 inch tigers swimming in Pineview, hard not to laugh at them. Until you hold a 50 inch fish in your hands you don't have a clue how big they are.
[signature]
I don't want to get in the middle of this even though I'm enjoying reading it.A close fishing buddy that takes fishing very serious told me about someone that he fishes Pineview with a lot has caught some really nice tigers in the 50 inch area and released them.I believe him without question.I know his name is Doug.Could any of tiger hunters be this guy?
Pointerpride just wondering who told you about the 60"-70" fish?I believe that to be true,but I want to know if my believe is right.
Lunker I'd have to agree with Bassrod again.lol.Seems like you might also.[Wink]

Rapalas don't sweat the small stuff they just want to catch more fish!!!
[signature]
Go read up on maximum sizes of true muskies. 60 inches is out of the question, let alone for a hybrid. It is science, but some of you probably wont believe that either.
[signature]
There are no 60-70" Tiger Muskies in Pineview thats all folk lore. Now 50-54" possibly but not many. Tiger Muskies unfortunatlely don't have the same life span as their biological parents. If they live maybe 9-11 years with 11 years pushing it then you'll have a big fish but nothing close to 60" .

You don't know how big a fish over 50" is until you see a fish like this come out of the water completely than raise along side your boat like a submarine. We we're very fortunate couple summers ago and when we landed a 51" in which we took a photo of and then quickly released the fish. This fish was a hawg and you had to be in the boat to really appreciate it size and girth.
[signature]
lunkerhunter2 wrote:[/quote]
Pretty strong accusation, can you prove that?[/quote]

Probably not! What proof do you have on spidey? Brilliant post![cool]
[signature]