Fishing Forum

Full Version: churly, Chick, LM, 2/23-2/14, Landon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the rare treat of getting the day off work yesterday. Landon Got in the boat with me and Leatherneck and Antaman got in Ant's boat and we had the inagural Churly Bucketts Challenge Invatation. We launched around 7:30 Landaon and I had 2 keepers by 1:00, a 15.5" and a 17.5". Our competition had a 15" and a toad (Leatherneck's PB). We had no scales but I say 6-6.5#. We parted ways and as the sun got brighter Landon and I tried another area where we had a flurry of 9 fish in a row. All were just short except for one that went 2.75#. Clouds rolled in and we couldn't get another bite. All fish were in shallow water close to deep and caught on traps and cranks, and jerkbaits. Water was 54 at the warmest. I have to give the victory to Ant and Leatherneck. Maybe they will post pics of the hog.<br /><br />Got out today alone and tried some real shallow water, had a flurry that lasted about an hour with the fish waking after the bait trying to get it. I lost a bunch of slaps and landed 3 solid keepers. I lost one very nice fish that just over powered me. That bite died shortly and I moved to another area where I found them shallow again and boated another 3 keepers and lost as many. All fish today were nice keepers but nothing to brag about. All fish were in less than 5ft and caught on cranks. Warmest ater was 51 today. I've been fishing in areas I have never really fished and cant seem to find any concentration of big fish. Sure has been nice to get out and enjoy this unbelievable weather!