Fishing Forum

Full Version: Eskimo Power Auger help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently purchased the eskimo sting ray 33cc 8 inch power auger from Sportsmans warehouse. I took it out the first time and it took me a good 5 min to drill a hole. The next time out I went with my brother who has a strikemaster and he could drill 3 holes in the time it took me to drill one. Is the auger that crappy or is there possibly something wrong with the blades or something else. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated
Sounds to me like your not getting full power from the auger.

Check the throttle & throttle cable take off the cover to the choke and make sure when your pulling the trigger its pulling cable and fully opening the throttle.

Also what mix of 2 cycle oil ratio did you use ?

FYI: Sportmans gives you 30 days to exchange the auger If your in that 30 days I would just exchange it better safe than sorry
[signature]
My brother and I both have purchased new Eskimo augers this year. Mine worked great right out of the box but we had to take his back and exchange for a new one because the pitch of the cutting blades is wrong.Something when welded it lifts the pitsh of blades,took his back and changed for new one and his new one cuts great. Hope this might help.[fishin]
[signature]
I too have an eskimo auger but it is manuel. I have heard a lot of feedback from this sight already this ice season. It seems like everybody that is having problems is having the same problems. It takes me well over 5 min to drill on single hole and a ton of energy. I find myself getting mad and frustrated when all I want to do is see how deep the water is. I too think it is the pitch of the blades. HOW DO WE FIX THIS PROBLEM. I have no idea. Resorted to finding pre drilled holes that take little or no effort so that I don drill my elbows off and cant fish anymore. If anybody finds out a solution I would love some feedback.
PS I will never buy another eskimo auger power of manuel I have had enough.
[signature]
i have had a eskimo barracuda for 4 years have never done a thing to the blades or motor and it cuts a ten inch hole like a raped ape. had it up to pine view yesterday ice is dang near to the motor. dont know how you get through it with a hand auger,it takes about 30 secounds to go through that much ice. keep your blades covered,when not in use[Smile]
[signature]

[signature]

I know that I am being a critic I just think that if that many of the augers pitches are defected then I dont want to take another chance. Ive used my buddies auger that is a no name POS that cost $45. It never too 5 Min. My blades could be used to filet a fish and I do keep them covered. The auger not even two seasons old. Maybe that is why I am so frustrated with it, it should be a killer auger!! Anyway I wish i could take it back to sportsmans but dont have my receipt. IT would be great if anybody knew a quick fix. If not I will wait till next year and invest in a power auger.
[signature]
FOD have you tried calling Arisdam ? I dont know what the warranty is for a manual Auger is but Im sure if give them a call they work with you.

Ardisam, Inc.
1360 First Avenue
Cumberland, WI 54829
Phone: 800-345-6007
Fax: 715-822-4180
Email: [url "mailto:info@ardisam.com"]info@ardisam.com[/url]
[signature]
fod wonce you buy the power auger you will say what was i thinking.with the hand auger. i would say your blades are out of pitch,i had a hand auger once and it wasnt that bad. unless you had more than 6 inches ice. my first power auger was a gas post hole digger with the auger off my hand auger. worked great unlee it was 5 below and more.
[signature]
Thanks I appreciate the info that will probably help out ckrogers too.
[signature]
My Eskimo is a 1978 and runs great, this year I had to have the carborator gone through and a few blades but it cuts great...
[signature]
Bassrods, I also have a old eskimo (1970's or 1980's) I recently broke the rope and when I tried to fix it the spring got all messed up. Does yours have the whole head unit/cover that holds the pull cord? I need to find someone that can fix it because it runs great and I don't want to spend a ton of money for a new one. Besides this one was passed down to me from my father-in-law, so I want to keep it. Any help would be great, thanks.
[signature]
I know just the place to fix it...They are on 4000 west and 5415 south I think they fix small motors and saws and such here in Kearns, If you take 5400 south to 4000 west then turn south its on the east side of the road before you get to the post office...
[signature]
Thanks bassrods.[Smile]
[signature]