Fishing Forum

Full Version: Biofisher I, Weiss, crappie, 2/17/09, Bio jr. Bo Batey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son and I finally got a holiday to go fishing on Weiss lake with my Bama fishing buddy Bo. We usually go wading but my son was nursing a cold so we went in the boat instead. There was a north wind and blue bird skies awaiting us when we arrived. My friend had been catching a few wading but had not been in the boat this year. We used the boat to target flats next to creek channels. We caught fish on our first stop of the morning using panfish assassins and grubs. We caught fish in most of the areas that we fished but most were not keepers. There were a lot fish using the creek channels but most were too small for the ride home to Ooltewah. We caught 4 nonkeepers to every keeper.The wind was a bit nippy all day but the company was great and we did catch fish even though most were small. I iced down what we brought home and made a pic for you guys to see this evening before we started the filet knife.