Fishing Forum

Full Version: BassERT, Guntersville, Bass, 2/20/09, Yellburt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok Ok I'm Awake now!!<br /><br />Got a call from Yellburt about fishing Jackson County Park and just couldn't sleep for all the excitement of going to the G.<br />Too early in the AM and going into strangers' driveways at 5 AM finally found me at Yellburt's. We got loaded up with my gear and introduced ourselves and set off to Bama.<br /><br />We were the only ones there and put in to the park waters in the dark with the air temp at about 25!<br />I had on five layers of clothes and YB looked like the deerhunter.<br />Off we go into the dark with running lights on. That is when I asked YB where we were going and he told me that he didn't know and he hadn't been here before. <br /><br />Alright! <br /><br />He did have a note coaching us to where we eventually ended up fishing, but we were the blind leading the blind.<br />Nevermind because we started to have our "Day on the Lake" and we found a nice Almost 4 lber to hit a jig and craw.<br />I felt like that was a good start and we then found the spot we were searching for and YB quickly picked up on some feeding action and boated 3 bass.<br />Between breaking the ice on our rods,(constantly) and chucking everything we brought, we finished with about 8 bass and a few that unbuttoned at the boat.<br /><br />While we were there many bass boats showed up fishing a local TX and a college TX all around us.<br />Everything was 2 to 6 feet deep and it was fun watching the 100 mile an hour bass boats screaming around and we wondered when they would bottom or stump out.<br /><br />All in all, I had a GREAT time and was grateful to get out to fish with a really good partner like YB!<br />Water temp was 43 warming to 50...did I say we was cold???<br />Can't wait to try it again, buddy!!