Fishing Forum

Full Version: Antler drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone found any drops yet? It may still be too early. I have been watching some deer at work lately trying to judge when they come off. I still keep seeing 1 buck around but all the other little guys have either dissapeared or dropped.
Just wondering if it's time yet?
[signature]
We're half way there on the deer in Cache Valley, I'd say 50-60% have dropped. Already found a few.
[signature]
found a big 3 point drop way back the first week of jan.
[signature]
I think the deer are just about there, but the elk still have a while. I lost track of the bucks I was watching when we got two feet of snow here in Ogden. That storm screwed up everything for me [:/]
Hopefully they will start showing up again since the snow has melted away. I'm just afraid that they have already dropped in someones back yard this last week.
[pirate]
[signature]
Hey Matt, that would be sweet to find the sheds from that buck we saw on the archery hunt.
[signature]
I have been looking for that buck all winter and I can't find him anywhere. Most likely he's down hiding on someones property, or maybe he dug a snow cave to hibernate for the winter. Those bucks are soo dang elusive, you never know where they go.
I have found some other real nice bucks but I always seem to lose them after the first sighting. I have got a few small groups of deer pinned down in the same spot every day, but the bucks are a different story. Sometimes these deer drive me insane!!![crazy]

As long as I can grab a few elk sheds this spring I'll be happy with the shed hunt. Wish me luck [Wink]
[signature]
Let me know if you ever find yourself going alone and want some company. I've never shed hunt before and wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I've even got some private land we could check out.
[signature]
Found a nice matching set of deer antlers, probably 22" wide. One problem, they were still attatched to the deer. He got hit and is in a ditch. My wife found him while she was running last night, scared her half to death. [sly]
[signature]
Found any yet? Me and my bud Colt are up to 28 deer sheds and still got a lot left runnin' with them on!
[signature]
Only been out 1 time for a short hike and my son found a 3 point from last year. Saw one buck with them still attatched.
[signature]
Pretty much all the deer have dropped where we shed hunt. 2 of us picked up 20 yesterday and 16 of them were brown. 24 browns so far this year and a lot more country to cover.
[signature]
we went out again today and found 5. 3 from this year and 2 from last year. All the ones we found were really white. We also saw about 10-12 bucks that were still packing antlers and they were all white as well. Only saw 2 that had one side. I guess maybe the area they live in depends on the color? These were all in the north.
[signature]
I got out and hunted the front on Saturday. Saw over 50 deer (None Packing), and one little two point antler [frown].
Got some exercise though [Wink]
[signature]
Just think how many more sheds you would find if you invited ol' Hookjaw out with ya [laugh]
Seriously though, you should take me out. [cool] I usually hike 20 miles and find 1 or 0 sheds each time.
[signature]
You otta come with us one of these days. Thanks to mother natures fresh 20" powder it'll be a bit before I get back out for deer, might go locate some elk anyway and see how many have dropped, saw a nice 6pt that only had 1 horn last week but we didn't want to push him lookin' for it till he dropped both. I luckily got out right before the storm and found 5 new deer sheds...i found this little 3pt set under a tree, it was cool cuz i watched him go into the trees the night before!
[signature]
I would love to go. You let me know when, and I'll plan on it. I know a really good spot for elk near Morgan but we gotta wait til it opens up. [Wink]
[signature]
Hit the hills again this last week and picked up 18 brown and 1 old one between 2 of us. Its a little different this year. There are only a few little yearling buck sheds that we have found. 4 total out of 42 brown. Last winter took a toll on the fawn crop.
Is this on Public ground in Northern Utah???
[signature]
All public in western Wyoming.
Western Wyoming is awesome! We hit once for a weekend and picked up so many sheds I was walking past the little ones! You've got me excited to go hit a couple spots again this year!
[signature]