Fishing Forum

Full Version: Appleseed Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have any of you guys ever heard of the Appleseed Project?

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Well neither had I until a week ago when I guy at work who has been going to these things since they started told me about it and talked me into going to one of the Rifle Shoots they had this weekend in Kemmerer.

I have to admit that it was one of the most enjoyable experiences shooting a firearm I have ever had. Although I have always considered myself to be a decent shot with any of my rifles, it only took an hour or so into the Appleseed to realize I could dramatically improve.

At the Appleseed I used my open sights AR-15 and they completely re-taught me how to hold a rifle, position my body and how to use a sling to to stable the rifle in Prone, Sitting and Standing positions.

The Appleseed teachings were so effective I was shooting a sub 1 MOA 5 shot group with open sights at 25 yards. I know that 25 yards isn't a long ways but imagine hitting something about the size of your thumbnail with five consecutive shots at 25 yards while being timed, while using iron sights.

Anyway I would highly recommend that everyone should attend one of these events. They have them all over the country with quite a few in Utah and Wyoming.
[signature]
Did you got on both Sat. and Sun? Or just one day? If you could only go for one of the days, which one is better to attend? How many rounds of ammo did you go though total?

I see there is another one in Kemmerer in June and I might be interested.
[signature]
BLFG,

I went on both Sat and Sun. If you can't go to both days Saturday is the day that I would recommend going too. It is the day where most of the actual teaching of the correct shooting positions takes place. Sunday pretty much consists of fine tuning the positions that were learned on Sat. I went with two friends who were both in the military, and they were completely amazed with the quality of training that was received from the Appleseed. In fact one of them was going to go to the Boot Camp and become an instructor so he can help out with future Appleseeds.

I really enjoyed going to both days and between the two of them I went through about 450 rounds of ammo, (200 on Saturday and about 250 on Sunday.)

Yes there is another one in Kemmerer on June 6 and 7th, as well as one on June 27th and 28th. I plan on going again at the end of June and taking both my wife and oldest daughter, since kids and women can go for free.

If you need anymore info let me know, and if you do go I promise you won't be disapointed.
[signature]