Fishing Forum

Full Version: Yet another ask for help on scoalfield Ice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any one as of today been up on scoalfield? has this warm weather helped the ice off I only have this weekend off for a while and hope for ICE at least 20 feet off shore.
[signature]
I was going to go up Sunday. Let me know if you have any luck.
[signature]
I was there with the family on Tuesday this last week. We were able to find open water 20 - 30ft on the south west side. We caught 3 decent sized trout on worm and marshmellow fishing on the bottom. Did alot better during the middle of the day than evening.

Alot of the shoreline was about 5 - 10 ft open. With the south end completly open.

Hope this helps
[signature]
Was there this morning. Nothing more to add than what was said from Tuesday, which is quite surprising with as warm as it was Wed, Thurs, and to some extent Friday. Still a bit away from significant open water. Some of the edges were open 5-30 feet. South end mostly open. But a lot of ice left, and with cold weather forecasted over the weekend, who knows what will happen. It was cold enough last night to put a layer of ice that melted back off as the morning progressed.
[signature]
Just got back at 9:00 pm and it I got there at about 3 it snowed and blowed and nothing but crawdads I was using some old row I had left over from last year in the freezer. switched over to lime twist powebait and corn flavored power bait ( two treble hook) and still not a thing fish started to surface about 6 pm just as everyone in the water left. should have brought my tube and fly pole. probably done better. I think I missed the spawn or it was my old eggs. but cold and snow open water all around the lake south west beach is open 100+ yards. where can you get fresh row with out catching a female fish. Does the hatchery sell row?
[signature]
how about trying a minnow trap and useing frish minnows.. much better then row and easyer to catch...

if the ice is not off the lake the spown has not started yet..
[signature]