Fishing Forum

Full Version: New water for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Im going to give it another shot this weekend.. (Weather permitting) I would like to try some where above rock port or lower.. I tried to look up water flows but was unable to.. How are the water conditions ?? I noticed a lot of sportsmans accses along the river on my way to rockport last time.. any suggestions on where and what flies to use ?? If you dont want to post plz P.M Me.. Your secret is safe with me.. I just want to catch fish with my fly out fit.. I am a firm believer in catch and release.. So that big one will be there the next time you fish..
Thank you
[signature]
I fished above rockport last weekend. It was a little slow. I caught 4 fish in about an hour and a half and lost a couple. I got my fish on a Pheasant tail and a grey scud. The water was a little off color but very fishable I would imagine it has more color to it now. I would probably fish below Rockport if I were you. You have a better chance for good water. Good Luck!!
[signature]
Have you tried over in Wanship ? or Coalville ?
[signature]
Ive fished there about 15 yrs ago.. Maybe ill check it out on my way up or down.. Thanks
[signature]
Yes. I have fished around both Coalville and Wanship. I really enjoy fishing up towards Coalville. I have caught some nice fish through there along with lots of Whitefish. That's probably your best bet at some good fishable water this weekend.
[signature]