Fishing Forum

Full Version: Beating a dead horse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this subject has been hashed over and over, but I have not found any referances to the models I am researching.
Okay I have decided to buy a pontoon, I dont have a unlimited budget but there are a couple of options I have come up with.Oh, first off, I mainly fish some small reservoirs and lakes near my home but there are some bigger waters that I would like to try also, in addtion to the Bear River that runs very nearby, ( It is very slow moving and shallow here) I would like the option of putting a motor on it. Also I am very near Wyoming where I understand that there are size restrictions of pontoons on rivers? I have been looking at boat sold by Costco called the Outfitter X9 (here's the link, not sure if it will work).

[url "http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11470946&search=pontoon%20boat&Mo=9&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=pontoon%20boat&Ntt=pontoon%20boat&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1"]http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11470946&search=pontoon%20boat&Mo=9&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=pontoon%20boat&Ntt=pontoon%20boat&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1[/url]

I have also been looking at one sold by Cabelas, the Classic Accessories Rogue River (another link, again, not sure if it will work) [url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0036586318843a&navCount=1&podId=0036586&parentId=cat360011&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20431-cat360011_TGP&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat360011&hasJS=true"]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0036586318843a&navCount=1&podId=0036586&parentId=cat360011&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20431-cat360011_TGP&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat360011&hasJS=true[/url].

The more I look at them I wonder if they are not the same boat, just named different for the stores. I am going into this venture blind and am hoping for any input. Am I looking at the right type of pontoon? Are these ok quality? Does anybody have any other suggestions that fall into this price range. I also have the option to buy a Bucks Bags 7 footer for $150.00 used ,but I feel that this is just too small for what I want, And I would still need to buy everything else to go with it. Any input would be great. Thanks!!
[signature]
They do look the same. Tuff call. I have to say it however, I am saleing a 9' pontoon, that is much lighter (like 38lbs) back pack bag, URETHANE bladders. Oars and ready to accept a battery and motor. $900.+ new. Used it about 10 times max, no leaks....and right around the same price. The shipping would also be less because of the weight.

Just sayin' another option[cool]
[signature]
Ya I saw your post, and it's got my thinker going
[signature]
I have the Rogue and i love it. As you thought, they are the same boat. I would go with the Rogue only because that is the one that is directly imported from classic accessories and if you have any problems their customer service is top notch. If you get the one at costco you will be dealing with a middle man.

I am 6'1" 220lbs and the boat handles me and all my gear fine. The craft is a little heavy but with the transport wheel it don't matter to me how heavy it is. I'd say go for it. I don't think you will regret you purchase at all. Fishing from a small craft like this puts a whole new perspective on fishing. You will love it.
[signature]
Thank you for the info, you make a very good point about cutting out the middle man. But I have allready ordered the model from Costco, mainly cause "The money lady" she aloted a certain amount to be spent, however I see fit. I still have a few other things I want to get . Hopefully I wont have any problems, but if I do I have found that Costco has been great to deal with, they have been more than happy to just flat out replace things if needed.

Hope to be posting some toonin reports and pics soon
[signature]