Fishing Forum

Full Version: Want to take out the Kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I live around the Ogden area and need a good place to get the kids into some fish. I was thinking of Mantua, but if someone knows of some residental areas that are producing, that too would be great. We have tried some of the residential ponds (Roy, Clearfield, and Layton) and all we did was wet a hook. The kids really would like to get in to anything. PM if you want, any help is appreciated.

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Verdana"][#ff0000]I rode the bike over to Mantua and fished from shore for a half hour with no bites. I rode the dike and talked to everyone and there was only one couple that had caught anything - a trout from shore. My son-in-law had some luck one LMB from the canoe. The catching was still slow but it's a nice place to "wet a hook" with the kids. Should be better when it warms more.[/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#000050][size 3]Nothin' at Roy? Wow... even I can get somethin' there! LOL (a'course, that was last year... only been fishing once this year)

Tried Kaysville ponds, yet? They seem to be pretty good.

Willard bay, at the North marina near shore, had a few carp in it last week... nobody likes those, but hey.. at least it's somethin' to catch!
[/size][/#000050][/font]
[signature]