Fishing Forum

Full Version: pueblo res.was hot even though its cold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We fished pueblo res. last weekend 4-30 through 5-3. Started out with bass and caught a few over 15" in a hour. Then started fishing for walleye at the west end by the no wake zone(west end) with no luck. we fished points back to the dam but nothing. Then we trolled the dam and caught several small smallmouth and finally caught your first walleye 20 minutes after dark so we ended the day with about 20 bass and 1 walleye. next day we fished with the downrigger down by the no wake zone most of the wind cold day. We fished 40' down in 55' of water and caught 6 walleye only 1 keeper and a couple smallies when we got in close to the cliffs. Day 3 we flatlined cranks over points only had 1 fish hit and we lost him (it felt like a good one) so we went to throughing cranks on points and trees and we ended up with 2 4lb walleyes and a few nice bass(largemouth & smallmouth). The last day we finally seen the sun so we fished shallow water next to a deep break. (65' to 12') First hour we caught 2 wiper (7.5lber & a 4lber) and a 17 3/4 inch walleye. (Seems like ever walleye in that lake is that size no bigger no smaller).Then we caught a bunch more bass to end the trip.
[signature]
im just stoked to see another CO fishing report!
[signature]
Those are some very nice fish, BlueRapala!
[signature]
Nice report and pictures. Good size Eye
[signature]
Thanks guys. Im gettin fired up to start making some lip sore so i will be checking more often. I cant wait for trail ridge to open so i can head over to Granby to chase those lakers. Those big lakers kick my bass but one of these days i may get one.
[signature]
Excellent report BR! I am headed there this weekend, any suggestions on baits?
[signature]
Hope Im not to late. I did the best around submerged bushes with suspending jerk baits but trolling with the down rigger 40' down in 60' caught 7 walleyes all around 17.5 " in a few hours. You will be able to catch bass in any cove. The bass fishing is awesome. good luck
[signature]