Fishing Forum

Full Version: arkansas river part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
started at Hayden medows above twin. at 845am water temp was 40 even, and clearity was at about 2 feet. once the sun peeked out of the clouds, the water temp sky rocketed and so did the clarity. i have no idea how many fish i landed, but i did hook one monster brown that i got a look at until he spit my fly in my face. was fishing a caddis foamy, with a prince nymph underneath. longest cast i made was about 15 feet. every fish i got was inches from shore hiding in the under cuts. sure was neat seeing the few risers come out of the murkiness and nail that dry. 85% of the fish were caught on the nymph. water warmed up to 54 around 4'ish and the caddis started flying, then it was on like donkey kong.
[signature]
Thanks! That looks like a great day!!
[signature]
Sounds awesome. One of these days I will send a little time up there but i have been saying that for years now. great job
[signature]
Sounds awesome. One of these days i would like to get up there but I have been saying that for 10 years now. great job.
[signature]