Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone hit up echo yet this year. i was going to try a clouser for musky but blogs dont look good. Thus, i was hoping to cath some cats for eating, maybe some carp on a fly, and some bass for fun. So, does anyone know where to go on the reservoir for any of these species and what to use for them at Echo? thanx[fishin]
"A bad day fishin is better then a good day at work"
[signature]
No recent reports on Echo and I've never heard of Musky being in there[:/]. You should be able to find carp just about anywhere this time of the year. Smallmouth will be near rocky areas. Depending on the water temps the cats might be moving up stream to spawn. If you make it up there let us know how you do. By the way welcome to the site. WH2
[signature]
Yeah there are no musky in there. I meant to say i was going to go to Pineview for musky but all the forums dont look good. So instead i was going to go to Echo. I use to fish small mouth tourney's so i know where to find them but just wondering about colors to use. I usually use a pointed lucky craft in ghost minnow or rainbow trout color. But, everywhere is different you know. I do really enjoy throwing a crayfish fly for the bass and the carp as well. Thanks for your help and have a good day.
[signature]
LOL, OK that makes a difference. Hopefully someone else will reply to your post and have some helpful info, good luck. WH2
[signature]
I have caught a few smallies in both Lost Creek and Echo with a smallish Rattle-trap or Rattling Rapala (can't remember which exactly, it was a rattle-y, narrow side-to-side diving crank of some sort) in a crawdad pattern.

Also worms, of course, and curly and tube jigs. I had best success on darker colors like black, brown, purple, dark gree/brown...

Your a better fisherman than me, though I bet...
[signature]
Did i understand you right..Smallmouth in Lost Creek??? It is news to me.
[signature]
[quote Springbuck] I have caught a few smallies in both Lost Creek and Echo[/quote]

[crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy]
[signature]