Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard 5/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally blew the dust off the fishing gear and hit the lake today. First time I have wetted a line since February! Trolled around the south and west dikes, fishing was kind of slow but steady. My buddy and I caught 12-13 wipers and 2 walleyes. Most on the usual lipless, and a couple on deep divers. It was really nice to only see 3 ski boats out there today!!
[signature]
Nice fishing for you... I was over by the pig farm and freeway bay and it was not working out for me. I circled around the south marina looking for crappies, None. I was bottom bouncing crawlers and crank bait trolling. I didn't get started till just after lunchtime..... I want to hit newton on monday....
[signature]
I was out there at abbout 0700 and only could handle the willard air force until about noon. Picked up a crappie and one wiper. Pretty slow and the bugs were unbearable. May hit it on Sunday morning again or considering trying to find some eyes on DC. Weather will tell. Water temp was at 70 degrees when I got off. Used bouncers primarily.
[signature]