Fishing Forum

Full Version: Headed to the Flaming Gorge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Smile]Finally its here. My week of vacation at the gorge.Never mind the wet spot in the front of my pants Im just sick of work. Looking forward to catching lots of nice Kokes and Rainbows. Im going to try for a big laker but the odds are not that good for me. Last time I tried for deep lakers I caught a bunch of linge. Those were good eating though. There is a derby at buckboard in 2 weekends any body around here fishing it. If so good Luck I will post when I get back.
[signature]
Have a great trip! I love the Gorge! I'm hoping to be there in 10 days or so myself.
[signature]
How was your trip, Blue Rapala? You were there during a prime time based on what I hear.!

I'm getting ready to post my report now.
[signature]
Yah it was great. The weather was a little wet in the after noons but with rain gear it was not to bad When it rained it got nice and still for some good jigging. Mornings we tried to find big rainbow for the derby but we struggled this year finding a lot of 3lb + rainbows. We caught a couple every day but we needed 6 of them in the derby. We only got 3 over 3lbs in the derby . Not enough for any money. I really enjoyed the jigging though caught around a dozen pups 5-7lb range. I dont know how you get those big dudes up without a winch and cable. Can you get one of those guys up with 10lb test. Heres a couple pics.
[signature]
Nice fish and nice pictures!

Yep, you can land big fish with 10 lb. Personally, I fish 30# PowerPro with a 15# P-Line Floroclear leader. They are not leader shy, in my opinion.
[signature]
Sounds a lot like my set up. I use 20# fireline with 6# vanish florocarbon leader but if I would catch fish like you do I would up my leader to 10-15#. This year I put a few more pieces of the puzzle together on jigging. Now I need to work on location, location, location. Only 10 more years before I can think like a fish. Im going to
head up to Granby in 2 weeks to see if I really did learn anything.
[signature]
It's not "location", it's all about "presentation". [Wink]
[signature]
Ok maybe 20 more years before I can think like a fish. If Im catching fish but not big ones do you think my presentation is wrong for the big ones.
[signature]
LOL Everybody thinks his method is the bestr, me included. But I was mostly just being a wise acre. Maybe we can go one of these days. Whereabouts do you loive, Blue Rapala?
[signature]
I live in Longmont and I go fishing about every weekend. Looks booked for the next few weekends. Headed to spinney this weekend,grandby the next weekend and Glendo the next weekend. I would love to meet up sometime. What is your favorite lake that is close to home(within a couple hours).
[signature]
BlueRapala--

I fish Granby a lot. Any more I fish almost exclusively for macks. Like you, I have a lot of stuff going on for the next few weekends.

We should give it a try later.

Don
[signature]
Sounds good. When I go to granby I will let you know and maybe in July it will work out. I will be going up there a few times this year.
[signature]