Fishing Forum

Full Version: Community Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to take my niece, nephew, and daughter fishing Friday when my daughter gets out of school. Any thoughts on a good place thats not over fished and under stocked? [Wink]
[signature]
where do you live,then we can give you a better idea what's close to you.
[signature]
If you live close to Selem Pond it is very good.
[signature]
I live in Magna. I was thinking either willow pond or even salem pond. Salem pond might be a big far, but not much further than utah lake and we drove up there for few hours on sunday (with no luck [frown])
[signature]
Try Spanish Oaks Reservoir. It is located across from the Spanish Fork Gun Club just above the golf course. It is actually over planted. It has a beach, playground, hiking trails and picnic areas. It has to many swimmers and sun bathers before 4:00 pm to fish. After 4:00 to10:pm when they close is the best fishing.
[signature]
[fishin][#800000] willow pond is pretty good cat fishing!!! gets kinda crowded during the day... but at night its not too bad!!! some big catfish in there!! trout and green sunfish as well! good fishing for the kids! little piece of worm on a smaller hook ! not sure how old the kids are but for smaller children the sunfish would be a gr8 time! easy to catch rite off the bank! i caught this monster out of willow two weeks ago... and a cpl smaller ones as well!!![/#800000]
[signature]
Salem Pond is great, the fishing can be so-so as it gets tremendous pressure, but it is a beautiful place with a nice park and lots of shade. Finding a spot to fish can be tricky at times. I just don't know if it is so great that it is worth driving there from Magna. You will pass several community ponds on your way there. I think you would have a similar experience at Willow pond and it is MUCH closer to you. But, if you come down here to Happy Valley, some other options would be Lindon Boat Harbor, Highland Glen park, A brand new community pond (sorry I don't remember the name) in Pleasant Grove, Vivian Park up Provo Canyon (very pretty there) and then the three down in the Spanish Fork/Salem Metroplex: Spanish Oaks, Canyon View Park, and Salem Pond. I am sure there are some more up in Salt Lake county, but I am less familiar with them.
[signature]
Great, thanks. So many to choose from haha. Just have to decide how far i want to drive. Daughter gets out of school at 1, only plan on fishing for couple hours. hmmmm....here fishy fishy!!![fishin]
[signature]
Go to this link: [url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/cf/cf_book.pdf"]http://wildlife.utah.gov/cf/cf_book.pdf[/url]
This is the pdf version of the Community Fishing Guide and will give you information and driving directions to all of the Community Fishing Ponds. I hope you find it useful.
[signature]
there really walleye in salem pond? I would like to go somewhere there are a couple different species, so I am leaning toward willow and salem. I want my daughter to catch a big cat fish, but i cant get her to hold still long enough to catch one lol.... she would rather cast and retrieve a repalla than soak a worm.
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
I live in Magna too, and there are some waters that aren't that far from us. Last year my kids had a ball at the new Riverton Pond just off of Bangerter Highway. Catfish, trout and sunfish in there (or there were last year).

For Trout Settlement Canyon out in Tooele isn't that bad.

In a year or two when the new public pond out at Lee Kay opens up we will only be 5-10 minutes away then - doesn't get any more convenient than that. I'm not sure when it opens (the stocking report showed it getting a bunch of small rainbows this year if I remember correctly).
[signature]
I'm suprised the the little pond out by the freeway hasn't come up,there are some nice bass and blue gill
[signature]
which one? and which freeway?
[signature]
I think he's refering to the ponds out where SR 201 and I-80 meet (the Blackrock area west of Salt Air).
[signature]
Not sure exactly where it is had a friend tell me it had some big bass in it. I will try to get directions for you if I can get a hold of him.Allot of guy's where talking about it on here last year too. Probably only 20 min drive for you.
[signature]
thats ok. If we go, think we're going to hit utah county. Might try to talk them into letting me take them another time. When i first asked them to go, was going to be nice friday AND saturday. Now its going to rain saturday. That leaves friday for willard [Wink] Im hoping saturdays weather gets better so we can hit willard then.
[signature]