Fishing Forum

Full Version: Holmes Creek Reservoir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, I am going to Holmes Creek Reservoir or companies pond and i was wondering if you guys knew what to use for walleys and bass there?

Thanks![Wink]
[signature]
Night crawler with no weight![Wink]
Thats how I use to get them!it's been 10 yrs since I have been there but that use to kill the big bass.

I'm sure changeable craw with orange tail maniac sticks would work to? NO weight. Wacky!

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Hmmm, sounds good! so no bobber, no weights, just stick the ehole nightcrawler on a hook and cast it out? okay i'll try it. Thanks
[signature]
This is a time honored technique for the bass. You can get out there and drop it right into the open spots between logs and through holes in the matted leaves etc..

The only 2 walleye I've caught in my life I took from Holmes Creek. Try the open areas near the dam. I took a regular worm harness and put a clear casting bubble 4' ahead of it. This allows long casts, a slow sink, and a slow retrieve right off the bottom with few snags. Heck, you maybe could even use a bottom bouncer.
[signature]
Sounds good, i'll have to try that!
[signature]
[quote Walleye_Guy]Hmmm, sounds good! so no bobber, no weights, just stick the ehole nightcrawler on a hook and cast it out? okay i'll try it. Thanks[/quote]

nope,plain hook,more like pitched next to the logs and trees,walk the bank and just pitch it in the deep spots you will see what I mean.I fished the south and east shore most of the time.I haven't caught any walleye out of there just bass.
[signature]