Fishing Forum

Full Version: Can anybody give me any info about Causey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all I am thinking that I will make a trip over to Causey tomorrow, Tue the 30th, I have never been there and was wondering if anyone could give me any info, tip's, or pointers, I will be fishing from a pontoon ,without motor. Any info would be great. I can't remember did Tube Dude post a map of Causey? I am not targeting anything in particular, I just need to get the skunk off of me[frown]
[signature]
Causey is sometimes hard to fish this time of year because the fish go deep. I have been there a few times in the last few weeks and the best bet is to work the inlets in the back. We caught a bunch on worms back in there and on the way out we dragged roostertails and couldn't keep them off. Most of the fish we caught were 10 inch rainbows that the DWR just planted early this month.
I would say casting a spinner would be your best bet for trout. You might have a chance at some kokes jigging some different koke rigs too.
Good luck!
PS - I attached a map of the places the were most productive for us this year. The red spots are the good fishing areas and the blue spots are parking areas.
Hope that helps a little
[signature]