Fishing Forum

Full Version: questions for the berry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
plan on going to the berry this week. I've never been there before so where is a good location to go shore fishing . and what should I use. I plan on keeping a couple so can someone tell me what the size and species restrictions are up there. any info back would be greatly appreciated thank you!
[signature]
well today i went to chicken creek west looking to come into some big trout we threw out a worm off the bottom and some powerbait did not catch anything so i switched to a crip-lure trout/koke lure from shastatackle.com expecting to bring in some trout............. ended up catching 15 chubs lol they were still pretty fun to catch
[signature]
thanks for the report at least you didn"t get skunked. by the way do you know the size restrictions on the trout over there. I don't want to come back with a hefty fine
[signature]
You really should get yourself a copy of the 2009 Fishing Guidebook and read through it carefully.

[url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2009_fishing/"]Link to Online copy of the Guidebook:[/url]

To answer your question:

[size 2]"STRAWBERRY RESERVOIR [/size][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2](Wasatch County)
Limit 4 trout or kokanee salmon in the • aggregate.
No more than 2 may be cutthroat trout • under 15 inches, and no more than 1 may be a cutthroat trout over 22 inches.
All cutthroat trout from 15 to 22 inches • must be immediately released.
Trout and salmon may not be filleted and • the heads or tails may not be removed in the field or in transit.
Anglers are encouraged to voluntarily • release all cutthroat trout.
Any trout with cutthroat characteristics (not • necessarily jaw slashing) is considered to be a cutthroat trout. Slash marks under the jaw should not to be used to distinguish Bear Lake cutthroat trout from rainbow trout at Strawberry. Slashing is sometimes absent on Bear Lake cutthroats, and is sometimes present on rainbows. Better characteristics are deep orange pelvic and anal fins on the cutthroats, and white-tipped pink to gray-green pelvic and anal fins on the rainbows. Rainbows also have the pinkish lateral stripe on the sides (see fish descriptions beginning on page 50 of this guide for more information)."
[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]