Fishing Forum

Full Version: catching a few at Granby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to Granby over the 4th of july. We caught a few nice ones. Caught one big one 65' and one at 49'. What a blast.Heres a few pics.
[signature]
Nice fish, Blue Rapala! Are the big ones still swimming??
[signature]
You better believe it. No need to keep those. It took way to long to get that big. They taste bad and taxidermist just need a picture for a nice reproduction these days. My opinion is it is poor judgment to keep them.
[signature]
COOL! You're my kinda guy, Blue Rapala! Any idea of the weight of your biggest? Looks like high 20s to me. Those are all very nice fish anywhere, but especially for Granby!
[signature]
The electric scale said 29# but it went haywire and we wanted get the fish back in the water so we didnt mess with it. I think it safe to say 25#. It was 35" long. I was wondering what to expect at granby.Sounds like we got really lucky to catch those that big at Granby. I was hoping that was normal.
[signature]
Whatever it weighed, it was a big fish and is at the high end of what Granby has to offer. There aren't many of those swimming there. Most get whacked by the casual fshermen lucky enough to land them. So congratulations again and thanks for the releases!
[signature]