Fishing Forum

Full Version: Future Fisherman Foundation Hires New Executive Director
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 15, 2009)--At the ICAST Show today, Keith Sutton of Alexander, Arkansas was introduced as the new executive director of the Future Fisherman Foundation. A former executive with the Boy Scouts of America and past president of the Southeastern Outdoor Press Association, Sutton has worked 30 years as a free-lance writer, photographer, editor and lecturer, and served 19 years as editor of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission's award-winning conservation magazine Arkansas Wildlife. He has written eleven books, including "The Crappie Book," "Fishing for Catfish," "Fishing Arkansas" and "Pro Tactics: Catfish."

"I've been a fisherman all my life and have six sons who are fishermen," Sutton said. "I believe sharing the joys of angling is a key way to develop life-long appreciation of the outdoors in our children. And I have seen the leadership the Future Fisherman Foundation and its partners have shown in this area by helping teachers, state fisheries departments, youth agencies and others reach out to children through innovative programs such as Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs and Physh Ed.

"As executive director, I'll work with the guidance of the Foundation's board of directors to perpetuate and strengthen these and other key programs by developing partnerships with businesses, agencies and organizations that want to be part of the foundation's education and outreach efforts," Sutton continued. "I encourage people to contact me if they would like to get involved, and look forward to working with folks throughout the country to make fishing a part of every child's life experience."

"Future Fisherman Foundation is extremely excited to have Keith on board," said board chair Kerry Campbell. "Keith's experience with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission and working as an advisor on the Arkansas Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs committee, along with his outstanding communications skills, is just what we need. Teresa Rodriguez, our Director of Education, has a love and knowledge for working with our educators. Working in conjunction with these groups, she has been developing plans to make all our programs more efficient. Keith will be key in assisting Teresa in engaging industry members to support and partner with our current programs. Teresa and Keith are a perfect complement to one another."

Sutton replaces Anne Danielski who resigned after two years with the Foundation. Anne's contribution to the organization's Physh Ed and Boys and Girls Club programs was instrumental in expanding the reach of these educational angling programs. Her dedication to connecting youth with the outdoors through activities such as fishing and boating will be remembered by program and industry partners. The Foundation Board and staff thank her for her contributions and wish her all the best in her new endeavors.

Sutton will work from an office in his home just outside Little Rock, Arkansas. To contact him, phone (703) 402-3623. For additional information on the Future Fisherman Foundation, visit www.futurefisherman.org.

If you no longer wish to receive "Future Fisherman Foundation" press releases, reply to this email address with "Remove."