Fishing Forum

Full Version: reliable, chick/chester frost, LMB and White bass, 7/28 am 7/28 pm, fisher, mo, arngee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AM<br /><br />Went to the lake twice on tuesday, spent the am with my two boys chasing white bass in the boils, my boys fisher and mo had a great time, we had three on the same time twice. Caught 16 total on a variety of 1/4 oz spoons and white rooster tails, a couple on a pop-r also. Off the water by 8:30 and at work by 9:15. Saw DK out there, got to visit with him for a bit. I was very impressed with the civility of all the anglers out there, everyone gave each other space, when my youngest accidently crossed lines with another guy (those spoons go a long way!), it was no problem...the whites were awesome at times and sporadic at times for most of the 2 hours that we were out there.<br /><br />A great morning with slick calm conditions with my boys - the highlight was on the way home, my youngest (age 9) said that he is looking forward to being a dad one day, that it seems like a lot of fun! Made my morning. <br /><br />PM<br /><br />Got a call from a fishing buddy of mine ARNGEE ( new to the forum - need to work on that name) around 3:30 in the afternoon with a fishing question, we decided to check out the lake after the rain, hit the water around 5:00, overcast, no wind, slick water....perfect.<br /><br />On the way to a creek channel that I wanted to fish we saw a huge school of busting LMB. Stopped and threw top water to them for an hour and a half - I have never seen them that active for do long before, with a lot of better size schoolies along with the usual 12" fish. We caught several over 2 lbs and also a nice 2 lb smallie. The bass were herding the shad up against the rip rap, and just kept coming wave after wave of them... it was epic.<br /><br />Then the fishing got ugly....3 guys show up (mid twenties) in a flat bottom Tracker, and proceeded to pull in on top of us and drift to about 25 ft away, casting across our lines to the busting fish, (this wasn't open water fishing like the whites, the bass were up against the bank) These buttholes never even made eye contact with us as they tried to wedge their boat between us and the bank....absolutely unbelievable!!! I asked them if they need us to move back a bit so they could get closer to the fish (sarcastically) they said no problem we were fine where we were...I have heard of this type of behavior, but never experienced it first hand before - these guys have NO CLUE! <br /><br />Tha ruined the mood so we left them the fish and went to the channel that we were headed to earlier and proceeded to catch another dozen bass on a variety of small plastics and medium running crankbaits. Caught several nice ones, my buddies biggest of the year ( 4 lbs. and a couple of 2-3 lbers.) fished through a couple of light showers, had a great time, back to the ramp around 9:30.<br /><br />A great evening of fishing and fellowship, caught 30-35 bass total - one of my best evening on the water on the chick.