Fishing Forum

Full Version: Silver Lake and Silver Lake Flat Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spent the morning fishing Silver Lake Flat (above Tibble Fork) and did well on brook trout and planter bows. My brother caught several on caddis patterns and I caught several with gold spinners as well as bead headed nymphs behind a bubble. We started fishing just before 7 and the action was non-stop until the the sun hit the water - then it SLOWED considerably.

After that we made the hike to Silver Lake. I have never been there before but what a beautiful lake! We didn't catch any grayling but we each landed about 10 brookies and lost several more. We fished it during the hot hours of the day so I threw heavier lures like gold Kastmasters and Jakes Lures to get down deep. I heard the lake had fast action for "small brookies" but I was very pleased with the size of the fish in this high elevation lake. The fish were around 9-12 inches in length and some of the fish had beatiful red bellies already.

The lake is deep and clear and certainly worth the steep hike.

Tight Lines........

BigBlueGill[fishin]
[signature]