Fishing Forum

Full Version: Where is the good Perch fishing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering where the good perch fishing is right now. I am wanting to take my nephew out for a few hours just so he can catch some fish easily, and maybe keep a few to eat. From some of the posts it looks like Starvation is a good possiblitly. Any info will help thank you.
[signature]
perch are always biting at yuba and fish lake.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Starvation is good, but a bit of a drive from the Wasatch front. Better from a boat or tube than from shore.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Forget Yuba. No perch, just carp.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Pineview has been kicking out a bunch of perch lately, from fairly shallow water around structure. They are in close feeding on baby perch and crappies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hardly any perch coming from either Jordanelle or Deer Creek. Not enough to plan a whole trip around them. Both are better for small smallmouth around the shoreline. Ditto for Rockport.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Then there is always Mantua. Lots of bluegills, perch and even a few bass if you can find a hole in the weeds. Several areas along the west dike that can be fished from shore with a bobber and small jig with a piece of worm.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What TD said is the best way to go...Good luck..
[signature]
We just don't have anyplace that is really shore angler friendly for Perch right now. A couple weeks ago me and a buddy caught about eighty or so at Deer Creek. Some real huge ones too. But it took half a day of dragging lindy rigs around to figure out where they were. Then we anchored on top of a big school and had non stop action for about four hours. With a couple wandering Walleye thrown in just to keep you guessing. Yuba has been kicking out some monster Perch, but you need a boat. Trolling crankbaits in dead cow bay(the big bay north of east beach) has been producing real good.
High water and lots of natural food make it a little tough right now in most places.
Good luck
[signature]
mantua is doing really good for bluegill and youll also pull out bass and perch[fishin]
[signature]