Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport Shore Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Long time reader first time posting...

Anyways looking for some advice on shore fishing at Rockport. Tried with worms/powerbait today and didnt get a single bite.

All I ended up with was a bunch of snags.

What areas are best for shore? I saw quite a few boats...but not any shore fisherman.

Thanks!
[signature]
[fishin] i've never shore fished on rock port but i know that every time i go there there always fish on the finder at the dame hope that helps.
[signature]
Shore fishing from rockport has been kinda slow ya got move around till your find were the fish are holding.

We fished from the shore a few weekends ago with a little bit of success, 4 fish between the 3 of us. Ya got to get there bright and early before the power squad shows up. Theres wakes create mud slides on the shoreline and shore become big muddy messes.

Try Carolina rig with a 3/4 oz bullet or egg sinker and about 16 to 18 inches of leader. We did best with spring green & charchruse power bait dead drifting on the bottom. If you fishing for smallies small plastic grubs or worms with a slow retrieve.
[signature]
I was up there Sat all we caught were fingerling small mouth bass. worm under a bobber.
[signature]
Every time I have been there we always fish the side where the main road is..seems to be deeper over there as far a accessibility. There are usually bass on that whole side the trout will be out a little further. Have seen a lot of people have good luck over there but moving is definatly a good idea if your there for more then a couple of hours with out a bite.
[signature]
I fished Rockport yesterday afternoon till nightfall and caught 1 trout.

This time of year is tough from shore, and I knew it would be. Just wanted to get out.

If you have to fish from shore during this hot period, recommend going really early in the morning when the water has cooled overnight and it is still dark out.

Fish the deepest dropoffs you can find. There are some deep places on the State Park side, south of the launch ramp, by the rocks. There may be others, but I don't know them.

Rainbow powerbait first, and worm and marsmellow second choice. caught a lot on both earlier in the year.
Good Luck!
[signature]
thanks for the tips everyone.

Gonna give it another try this week!
[signature]