Fishing Forum

Full Version: Murdock, Chick, Crappie, 8/20/09, JR.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulled the boat to work to try for some crappie in the evening. I wasn't sure about the weather, but thought it was worth a chance. Took a friend from work who had never shot docks (an old minner fisherman). I fished docks on the main river and for the first hour NOTHING. I thought I was in for my first skunk of the year. Ran around dodging the rain and finally ended up on a dock that was holding a few fish. Fished it from 5:30 to 7:40 and total fish count was 17 crappie and 2 LM. Only had 7 good keepers and it was tough. The bite was ever so light, visable only. Just a tiny twitch in the line and it was over. Get him right then or forget it. BG Baby Shad in ice blue & bleeding shad with a tail light. 1/32 jig on 4lb. Mr. Crappie line.<br />Anyway, great evening to be on the water and just got loaded up on the trailer with everything tied down when the bottom dropped out. I am putting on the safety glasses, shin guards, and helmet and going after them again Sat. am with the grandson. Sorry, no pics.