Fishing Forum

Full Version: Murdock, Chick, Crappie, 8/22/09, Duck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soddy Creek boat ramp at 6:45 and finished at 12:30. Tough, Tough day. We fished a dock twice today that I caught 100 with 58 keepers in one week and they are gone. Ran to 3 different docks and finally found some fish on a dock on the river channel. There was a little slot under that dock and if you could get you jig under there more times than not you had a crappie. If you came up short, forget it. Ringer stingers in pearl with tail light was the bait of the day. We tried other colors and types but stingers were the producers. 1/32 oz head, 4 lb line. Totals 23 crappie with 14 keepers. Nice mess of fish. Beautiful morning on the water.<br /><br />Oh, yeah, I had my first bad experience with a fisherman in my 2 1/2 years of crappie fishing. We were sitting on a dock in plain sight and a couple of guys came up and just tied off at the end of the same dock. I guess you make a choice as to how to react. Duck and I took the high road and moved on. Wonder what someone like that is thinking? Still, God is very good to me and I had glorious day on the water with my son and caught fish. How blessed we are. Sorry about the rambling.