Fishing Forum

Full Version: Joe's Valley report..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
been wanting to hit JV all summer but never found the time.. will friday Tommy my buddy Jerry and my self headed on over.. we got there about 6:30 that night got the boat in and ran over to the chub hole to get some bait.. spent about a houre catching chub. then started to try and find some splake.. first place we stop had been good to me in the past for some good sized splake.. so we started jigging there.. seen lot's of fish on the finder had fish chaceing the jig's, but in 2 hours we only had 3 fish in the baot.. so packed it up and headed to the rock's down by the dam. found a bunch more fish out there and much more willing to play as well.. most were cutt's tho.. we had the green light out and lot's of chub swimming around the boat. we fished till 3:00 in the morrning never did catch any big fish but caught a lot.. so called it a night got some sleep.. got up around 7:30 to head out again.. we trolled all day the next day just to see if we could pick any up that way.. fishing was stedy all day with fish comeing in about every 15 min's to 1/2 hour.. again nothing to big..but not bad fishing all day till about 2:00 the big W came up and put a end to the trolling.. we never found any one lure that did great.. but flatfish, zipfish, and spinner and minnow seemed to do best.. we were going to stay the weekend up there but my buddy took a flatfish hook to the finger and that pretty much put a end to the trip.. packed up the boat about 3:00 in the afternoon and headed home.. was a ok trip i got some good GPS marks for the up comeing ice season, and we cought a lot of fish.. just not much size to them.
[signature]
thanks for the report. we were up that way this last week and spent a couple of hours fishing on wed. nothing big but a few splake. took the road back to the cabin by way of millers flat and we were pleasntly surprised at the improved road. haven't been on it in years and it felt like a freeway. we were shore fishing as we didn't have the boat because we were bow hunting.
[signature]